Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: What's for late night snack tonight?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

the 7 layer if made right has

Layer 1: Refried Beans
    Refried beans are always the first thing to be placed on any kind of intelligently built burrito. They not only make a great foundation, but also act as a glue to hold the tortilla together. And due to their high levels of sugars, they are also the largest reason you'll get gas after eating one of them. The resulting gas causes electrical exchanges, most often between married couples aproximately 6-8 hours after ingestion

Layer 2: Seasoned Rice
    Rice is logically the second ingredient on a burrito. It is also a filler, just as beans are, but don't qualify as a foundation and cannot hold the tortilla together like beans can. Therefore, rice builds upon the foundation that beans have built, and rightfully deserve to always be the second ingredient.

Layer 3: Lettuce
    One of the most wonderful properties of Iceberg Lettuce is its almost complete lack of nutritional value and its ability to route itself directly through your digestive tract to your back door. And it, like beans, also gives you gas.

Layer 4: Tomatoes
    Tomatoes are added to the burrito to give the eater the impression that they are eating something healthy and natural.

Layer 5: Guacamole
    Guacamole is added to hide any kind of poor or bland flavor that may have come with the Iceberg Lettuce, the rice, or the beans.

Layer 6: Cheese
    There isn't a whole lot of combinations of incompatable foods a bunch of cheese can't gloss over with its unique mixture of fats, cholesterol, and salt. When in doubt, throw in some cheese.

Layer 7: Sour Cream
    Its been said that the purpose of sour cream is to allow white dudes to eat spicy food. Without sour cream, most white folks couldn't bear to eat exotic foods like the kind that Taco Bell are serving up.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I make an awesome 9 layer dip!!!

Hostboard Member Dave Henderson's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think I'll burn the hell out of one of these tonight

totinos

Screw it. Add my own parmesan and mozz and pepperonis and have some beer while I wait for it to burn.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by cherrysis:
    Oh yeah...give me the same minus the chili bring on the fries so I can dip them in my frosty!!!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">RACK THAT. Dunking fries in the Frosty is awesome! Very underrated.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Dave...glad to see yer all "cleaned" out..hehehe...I took Chloe to the "Asiana Grill" yesterday..it is the best buffet in the world...Chloe loves mussels and squid and all that crazy oriential stuff...and I love their chicken dishes...we had a feast and a half...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Last night I went to the local pizzaria and had a deluxe pizza made with extra peppers, then I nuked soe this morning for breakfast [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I had my morning "nanna"...trying to decied between the farm fresh eggs Robin brought to me or oatmeal..hummm. ok the eggs win

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am so sick of the same ol' same ol', This morning I got up early enough to make a real sit down breakfast. I made fried eggs (Ok they started as fried eggs before turning into scrambled eggs), Two spicey sausage patties, and I found two potatos that were still good and made a side order of home made hashbrowns (with a little sliced onion), toast with some red plum jelly and my milk was a little to lumpy, so I had some OJ.
    I am now sitting here in front of the computer and I'm trying not to nod off [img]wink.gif[/img]
    Hope y'all have a great day.
    rog

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nice choice, Rog! Way to capitalize with the plum jelly, too.

Tonight I'll go with a Blimpie sub or Dominos. Not sure which

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I must say Breakfast is one of my favorite meals...I tend to enjoy it most for dinner though lol!!!

SO I purchased some lovely Jewish rye, swiss cheese, sauerkraut and because the corned beef was $7 a pound I went with the turkey pastrami...can you guess what I had for a late night snack???