Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Sometimes

Noclouds

I don't have a cam anymore but I can take pics with my cell phone so I'll take some the first time when we let em outta the cage.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok COOL!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Are they tame enough to let out of the cages?

I've never had birds, do they like to be held or are they hard to controll?

looking forward to seeing them.

Noclouds

No, they aren't tame yet but I couldn't keep em in the cage all the time. Birds must fly. We just have to make sure to let em out in the evening the first couple of times cause its easier to catch em then. You wait till they sit down somewhere, then one person turns of the light while the other just picks up the bird(s), they don't fly when its dark so this is a neat trick*W

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thats a pretty cool trick. I didn't know that birds wouldn't fly in the dark.

Birds would be an intresting pet, but I know nothing about them. I miss my aquarium & fishes

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Scooby is tame...he was hand fed by the breeder and then spent 3 years next door ( the first 2 of which he was allowed out alot)then my nieghbor had another baby and Scooby got caged. He is still struggling with the change of environment. Quakers are very territorial and usually don't like any one reaching in their cage (unless you have food). I let him out a few times during the day but when he starts pushing the limits them he goes back into the cage.
    I also clipped his flight wings so that he can't get lift...he can fly but only downwards. This is to keep him safe. Birds are wonderful companions and can give you a lifetime ( scooby can live up to 25 years)of happiness. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Noclouds

Birds can be real funny like Hannes, that bird moves in the funniest ways and makes the craziest noises. He cracks me up.
    We let em outta the cage now, they are already (which is quick) coming to our fingers when we hold em out and that's enough to put em back in the cage when needed*s

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456