Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They'll prolly just ban Diciple of the Vault. That wouldn't do much to the format and would break this deck in half.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

But then you'd just go back to Rector combo. Need to get rid of flash. The new "Cheese Stands Alone" reprint (barren glory) STILL means turn 1.5 win. It'd be REALLY HARD to Simian Spirit Guide out a suspended G.Gargadon and protect the b.glory with FOW or PoNeg for all of 1 turn right? When they are probably stuck on land-go or land-creature(that doesn't matter)-go on turn 1? Flash is still the broken piece.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by jrr:
    They'll prolly just ban Diciple of the Vault. That wouldn't do much to the format and would break this deck in half.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I know that the decklist posted above does not reflect this, but there are other ways to get immediate kill off Flash and Hulk, such as the Kiki-jiki decks that run Karmic Guide, Kiki-Jiki, Carrion Feeder, Bloodshot Cyclops and Teardrop Kami for the win.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by TheAbe:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by jrr:
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I know that the decklist posted above does not reflect this, but there are other ways to get immediate kill off Flash and Hulk, such as the Kiki-jiki decks that run Karmic Guide, Kiki-Jiki, Carrion Feeder, Bloodshot Cyclops and Teardrop Kami for the win.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And if you don;t run the Cyclops and Teardrop Kami, you can still attack with endless 2/2 flyers with Kiki-Jiki, Karmic Guide and Carrion Feeder.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah I have seen a few other ways to do it now... banning flash would sort of just go to point saying "Yeah it was too good as printed." So thats just a bad answer... besides how many of us regularly play Legacy tournies anyway?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If they still RAN Legacy tourneys close to me I'd go. I used to go ALL THE TIME when they were still holding Legacy at Stadium. I think it's a great format. You guys should try it! We should get a group together and run up to Pandemonium on a Thursday ...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm slowly building solidarity, it plays a lot like my style, but I know I am going to want some real practice with it before I even think about tournies. I think I only need about 10 cards for it, 4 of which are the resets ):

HB Forum Owner kerbythepurplecow's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'd watch this: Auction Link

Resets are what holds me back as well. I might get around to building Thresh. I think I have everything besides the SB Pithing Needles. Or, I could just modify the Angel Stomp I already have together. It all depends on what Hulk Flash does to the meta.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, if they don't stop Hulk Flash or find a way to slow it down, legacy might not even be worth it for a while.

HB Forum Owner kerbythepurplecow's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I definitely agree. It's kind of wait and see time now. Angel Stompy can be a quick force and can do well against goblins. But, a turn 2-3 combo deck? Not likely. The same with thresh.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12