Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I Saw his whining post about the poverty of quality cards in FS. Really? Let's take a look at goods you'll want multiples of for deck stoack, at the non-rare level. Remembering that not all cards have been spoiled yet.

Lost Auramancers - good
    Judge Unworthy - amazing and good
    Auger il-Vec - shadow with a high defense = very, very good
    Chronomantic Esacpe - A perma Fog that will probably last hte rest of the game barring a counterspell for every third turn, and its a Fog that works against multiple opponents ub multiplayer, as opposed to just one turn. This is great.
    Spirit en-Dal - Amazing forecast for white
    Aven Mindcensor - great tutor hoser
    Goldmeadow Lockout - Very good at tapping down attackers or blokcer sover the long haul.
    Lumenthread Field - I love morph enchantmsnts. Swords it, and I'll just flip it and you've wasted your Swords.
    Ramosian Revivialist - great in any Rebel deck beause it allows you to reload. Bring back Lin-Sivvi? Okay!

And THAT's JUST WHITE. Nine White uncommons and commons, of those spoiled so far, are good deck stock.

Let's me do a quick count of other colors:

Blue - Nine or ten, if a card without a rarity ends up getting uncommon (the split second control magic).

Black - Nine, including some great cards like Yixlid Jailer.

Red - Seven - with colorless removal!

Green - Nine.

Other cards.

The five lands - all good. Great deckstock for ages.

Dryad Arbor - wow.

Zoetic Cavern - again, wow. Either a land or a creature as you have need.

Total number of uncommons and commons that are solid deckstock - of those just spoiled so far:

48, maybe 49.

That's not good? Come on now!

HB Forum Owner kerbythepurplecow's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I never said the set was all jank. However, you seem to be overvaluing some of these a bit. Quality cards? Sure. But over the entire course of magic how many of these cards are better than everything that came before? How many do something never done? For example, the new dual type lands aren't better than the duals, or as good as rav duals. So I'd probably pass them by. I might like one of each for a highlander deck, but they won't be highly valued deck stock. To me. Now again, that's not to say the set sucks. I've actually dissed it a great deal less than many previous sets. Oh, one last item: Morph land is pretty damn sweet.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by kerbythepurplecow:
    I never said the set was all jank. However, you seem to be overvaluing some of these a bit. Quality cards? Sure. But over the entire course of magic how many of these cards are better than everything that came before? How many do something never done? For example, the new dual type lands aren't better than the duals, or as good as rav duals. So I'd probably pass them by. I might like one of each for a highlander deck, but they won't be highly valued deck stock. To me. Now again, that's not to say the set sucks. I've actually dissed it a great deal less than many previous sets. Oh, one last item: Morph land is pretty damn sweet.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What dual type lands? I was counting uncommons, which are the lands that come into play tapped, tap for a color of mana, anbd have an ability.

HB Forum Owner kerbythepurplecow's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry, I was pointing to the rare lands. I was looking as a whole again and accidentally discounted the uncommon thing you had going on there.