Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

5's not that bad at all. Just cut something on the higher end of the curve like Dimir House Guard. Their main purpose is to Transmute or chump anyway. Much better to have a reusable tutor.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok, this is what I'm looking to cut

2x Teysa (just not doing anything great)
    3x Dimir House Guard
    2x Dimir Machinations

7 cards total... I definately want to add 2-3 Diabolic Tutors, but what from there? The Collusion might fit as a 1-2 max, but I still got a little room to play with and add more goodies.

HB Forum Owner kerbythepurplecow's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The more tutors the better. 3 DT, 2 DC. That leave 2 more slots. What about Dash Hopes? Too conditional? Heroes Remembered is great! (only because I have a couple for trade). You could use Vampiric Link or Spirit Loop. Either one is a nice go elsewhere that plays well with your strategy. Since Searing Meditation is important, I'd suggest an Enlightened Tutor.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In response to templar087:

Maybe splash green for voidslime and/or putrefy? If they get a big creature, you're pretty screwed. Voidslime would help with all these vanishing counters' abilities, storm, etc. Putrefy as some sort of targeted removal. Maybe Damnation as a board sweeper? White splash would give you mortify as targeted removal and swift silence for dragonstorm matchups. I just am not seeing straight B/U being able to handle Standard's aggro without using SO MANY counterspells that you neuter your own deck. I've WANTED to build this deck since I saw extirpate and realized the potential with glimpse/traumatize.

<font color="#C0C0C0" size="1">[ February 08, 2007 06:29 PM: Message edited by: kerbythepurplecow ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by kerbythepurplecow:
    The more tutors the better. 3 DT, 2 DC. That leave 2 more slots. What about Dash Hopes? Too conditional? Heroes Remembered is great! (only because I have a couple for trade). You could use Vampiric Link or Spirit Loop. Either one is a nice go elsewhere that plays well with your strategy. Since Searing Meditation is important, I'd suggest an Enlightened Tutor.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If I remove the Dimir House Guard that would mean the white bling dragon (Oros?) would be quite good here.

Also I'm starting to lose interest in Balthor with the change to control. I'm looking for other reanimation effects.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wait a second, you were just bitchin' about Demonic Collusion being 5cc and here you're talking about a 6CC bling?! *coughhypocritcough* (: (it just looks wrong).

Reanimation plus beef = Adarkar Valk

Other than that you should know the stuff. Zombify, Breath of Life, Living Death, ect... t=There's a couple new ones in Ravnica+: Vigor Mortis and Dread Return.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah yeah, I know, but spend 6 on a critter that can protect me or go to town is better than spending 5 on a tutor and having 1 mana and having to wait a turn to play whatever I got... and its not like I don't have other tutors... But the deck is fairly high costed still.

I didnt think about the Valk, the other spells just looked too clunky for the deck that already uses recurring nightmare and maybe I'll just add 1-2 more swords to the deck that would go well and maybe a valk or 2

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by templar087:
    I'll take those into consideration. If I play it in multiplayer I will have to fix on one player, not that it is a good strategy, just fun.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Like milling almost all of my black mana.... -.-

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by jrr:
    Yeah yeah, I know, but spend 6 on a critter that can protect me or go to town is better than spending 5 on a tutor and having 1 mana and having to wait a turn to play whatever I got... and its not like I don't have other tutors... But the deck is fairly high costed still.

I didnt think about the Valk, the other spells just looked too clunky for the deck that already uses recurring nightmare and maybe I'll just add 1-2 more swords to the deck that would go well and maybe a valk or 2
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Not a 5 mana tutor, a five mana buyback! tutor. That's an important distinction. And even if you can't use the card that turn, so what. It's not like the dragon has haste. At that point he's only a blocker. Having another way to tutor for netherbox 'I kill you all' phalanx is golden.

Valk also beats! Only around $5 now. Pretty decent.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lookin' better. I think with the added tutors you'll be more consistant. With the added beats, even if your main theme doesn't go, you've got a backup plan.

I still say 2 Dem. Collusion. No matter. It's Firemane Angel by the way.