Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Abe! (article, decklist, Equinaut, etc)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Abe! (article, decklist, Equinaut, etc)

You folks have never gotten the lucky Watchwolf wins with this deck, that's why. Trust me, it was hard to pull one Watchwolf, and I want to find a way to slide another back in. I've played this deck a ton online in the rooms, and you will go, Watchwolf, Watchwolf, win. It happens all of the time.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Plus, why would my deck want to run a guy who sacrifices for an ability? That doesn;t have any synergy with the deck. The only reason I even run one Saffi is to protect Momir Vig, a Deathkitty, Tolsimir, Liege or an AEthermage.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbe View Post
    Plus, why would my deck want to run a guy who sacrifices for an ability? That doesn;t have any synergy with the deck. The only reason I even run one Saffi is to protect Momir Vig, a Deathkitty, Tolsimir, Liege or an AEthermage.
    Watchwolf has synergy? I'm just saying that in most situations, this guy is a watchwolf, and in those situations where he's not he can be removal or pumping something else.

Watchwolf is good, but it doesn't make a single appearance in competitive duel decks, but the Qasali Pridemage is being play in Standard, Extended, and even Legacy as a must include right next to Tarmogoyf. I don't know about you, but that says a lot to me.

But if its the fact that ne's not always a 3/3, why aren't you running the fatty of fatties, Tarmogoyf? It is strictly better than Watchwolf, easier to cast, and easily a 3/4 or bigger... fast! I know you have them, you have everything powerful! So I guess I'm confused on the arguement you are trying to make here, Abe.

Oh wait... one more thing, the Pridemage does synergize, you run Witness!

On a similarly exalted note, why not run 4x Noble Heriarch rather than the Birds? Swining with one critter would become sickly quickly!

My suggestions?

-4 Birds of Paradise
    +4 Noble Heriarch (they make other creatures hit harder and produce all relevant colors)

-3 Watchwolf
    +3 Qasali Pridemage (as explained above)

-2 Dismantling Blow
    +2 Mulldrifter (reusable card draw OMG! Don't forget Evoking it and then using a death-kitty or lion to bounce it and do it again.)

So take it or leave it. Those are my thoughts.
    -JRR

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jrr View Post
    Watchwolf has synergy? I'm just saying that in most situations, this guy is a watchwolf, and in those situations where he's not he can be removal or pumping something else.

Watchwolf is good, but it doesn't make a single appearance in competitive duel decks, but the Qasali Pridemage is being play in Standard, Extended, and even Legacy as a must include right next to Tarmogoyf. I don't know about you, but that says a lot to me.

But if its the fact that ne's not always a 3/3, why aren't you running the fatty of fatties, Tarmogoyf? It is strictly better than Watchwolf, easier to cast, and easily a 3/4 or bigger... fast! I know you have them, you have everything powerful! So I guess I'm confused on the arguement you are trying to make here, Abe.

On a similarly exalted note, why not run 4x Noble Heriarch rather than the Birds? Swining with one critter would become sickly quickly!

My suggestions?

-4 Birds of Paradise
    +4 Noble Heriarch (they make other creatures hit harder and produce all relevant colors)

-3 Watchwolf

-2 Dismantling Blow
    +2 Mulldrifter (reusable card draw OMG! Don't forget Evoking it and then using a death-kitty or lion to bounce it and do it again.)

I only have two Tarmogoyfs, one is in my 250 and the other is in my Big Box.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My suggestions?

-4 Birds of Paradise

-3 Watchwolf

-2 Dismantling Blow

WTF would I ever want to remove Birds for something that DOESN"T produce blue mana? Where am I getting double blue for Equilibrium and Mystic Snake, two of the crucial cards of the deck? Am I just hoping I get the double blue in my lands and if I don't, oh well, cause at least my Birds can swing for one on the ground.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

-2 Dismantling Blow

You need to go read what Fleetfoot Panther does. Then look at Wilt-Leaf Liege and Tolsimir Wolfblood. Now tell me I need Mulldrifters in my deck. If my deck could run Blue creatures only, it would have had Man-o-War in it a long time ago.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbe View Post
    WTF would I ever want to remove Birds for something that DOESN"T produce blue mana? Where am I getting double blue for Equilibrium and Mystic Snake, two of the crucial cards of the deck? Am I just hoping I get the double blue in my lands and if I don't, oh well, cause at least my Birds can swing for one on the ground.
    It does produce blue. www.FindMagicCards.com - Noble Hierarch

And sorry about my panther mistake, you could still bounce it with the lion or the stonecloaker.

There, one mistake each, now we're even.
    -JRR

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It does produce blue. www.FindMagicCards.com - Noble Hierarch

And sorry about my panther mistake, you could still bounce it with the lion or the stonecloaker.

There, one mistake each, now we're even.

I thought it made W/G/R, so I stand corrected, my apologies. It would be better then, in almost every circumstance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12