Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Doctor Who

Yeah, I didn't really care for that two-parter at all. It seems like just a round about way to get around him "dying" in the first episode. I didn't really find the two of them that amusing. I would like to see Jenny come back just because it's a dangling plot line.

I heard that they've been talking with John Barrowman about dropping in.
    *mooooooooo*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

He is the character Moffet created, so I wouldn't be surprised if that happens

HB Forum Owner kerbythepurplecow's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Didn't Moffat have something to do with Jenny too?
    *mooooooooo*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think you are thinking that because her name is Georgia Moffet. Georgia Moffet is the daughter of Peter Moffet, better known by his stage name Peter Davison, the 5th doctor. Lots of Moffets.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just finished the episode. I think it shows the weakness of building plots like this in this format

Realistically, suppose The Doctor is assembling an army to fight. First of all, he has never done this before, it's just out of character. I agree that the Davies/Moffet Doctor has a tendency to be pretty silly with enemies, just throwing himself in the midst of giant armies, and that's a bit out of character with the old series Doctor, and River was right to call him on it.

Here is the weakness. You've seen a lot of The Doctor. Knowing who he is, and his ability to go to any time, who would he have brought on? Now, I agree that we should see some new characters to represent people and adventures we've not seen, and that's a nice angle. But, here are some people he would absolutely assemble:

1). Jamie McCrimmon, Highlander, companion, warrior, trusted ally for years
    2). Ace, companion, has own explosives and would absolutely love to be turned a bit loose.
    3). Captain Jack Harkness - Really? How would you not grab him from somewhere along his extensive timeline for assistance? Not only would he willingly grant it, but it would be one person the Doctor wouldn't be afraid of dying.
    4). The FUCKING Brigadier. How would the Doctor ever have access to all of time and space and yet not grab the Brig for a major battle. For that matter, why not a ton of other UNIT people, both named (Yates, Benton, Sullivan) and generic soldiers.

A large number of people from the classic series. He has allies including an Arthurian Knight with Excalibur, K9, some Ice Warriors, numerous monsters, robots, creatures, and more. But, no. It's all people from this season or a bunch of randoms. Feh.

You can;t do it in this format, so you should do in it novels and perhaps audios. It also wasn't much of a battle. There like ten people plus a squad of Silurians.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ah, I see what it was Moffat suggested the character live at the end of the episode.
    *mooooooooo*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow, we hadn't even thought of that angle. We were so disconcerted by the silliness of the reveal that the army bit didn't even get attention. I thought the River bit was predictable and just not very good at all.
    *mooooooooo*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12