Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Doctor Who Finale (Spoilers)

Mel and I just watched the finale. We were highly underwhelmed. The flesh was my least favorite part of the entire season. I assumed it was there to work into the finale. It was not. I don't have a lot of detailed analysis, just a general feeling of underwhelm.

I did like the nod to the brigadier.
    *mooooooooo*

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Doctor Who Finale (Spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by kerbythepurplecow View Post
    Mel and I just watched the finale. We were highly underwhelmed. The flesh was my least favorite part of the entire season. I assumed it was there to work into the finale. It was not. I don't have a lot of detailed analysis, just a general feeling of underwhelm.

I did like the nod to the brigadier.
    I thought Moffet's season last season was solid, but it felt a bit to much like a Russeell T Davies season. I was hoping he'd branch out more, and now....I;'m wishing not.

I feel like this season had wayyyyy too much stuff in it. How many episodes are just episodes. Where are my good single episodes like Dalek, Midnight and The Girl in the Fireplace? I feel a bit like Moffet said, let's deconstruct the Doctor, and then did so. Episodes about companions having faith in the Doctor like a deity or having convernations with the Tardis conscience in another body or showing how his attempts to shut down things with only his aura of power and reputation has come full circle andhe is thought of as a great warrior. Talking about how Doctor Who? is the oldest question in the universe? Mentioning that the word "Doctor" for healer came from him? There's just too much of that crap. I don;t think I'd ever say this, but Davis was simply a better show runner, so far, than Moffet. He needs someone to edit his ideas. As both producer and script editor, no one is censoring his ideas, and we get this shamble of a season as a result.

HB Forum Owner kerbythepurplecow's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Doctor Who Finale (Spoilers)

Mel's response: "He's the George Lucas of Doctor Who!!!"

I feel much the same. I loved Sherlock and Coupling. I don't understand why he's not as great with Who. It must be lack of an editor. I sometimes feel like Amy is his Mary Sue. It's like Claremont and Psylocke. He's building his ultimate woman. I will be happy if her role is minimized next season. I was really sad not to see that FBI agent show up again. He was awesome. Let's have a super competent companion and not start every episode with how Amy has bungled things. Sadly, I don't think things will change that much next season. The show is more popular than it's ever been. So, Moffat will probably get to continue doing whatever he wants.

Oh, the getting around his death bit was weak. All that stuff with the flesh was just to make flesh Amy. They didn't even touch on flesh Doctor again. So much to be displeased about....
    *mooooooooo*