Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, everybody has done the mayonaisse, mustard, ketchup deal but what alternative burger toppings or sauces are you down with?

I've become a big fan of a regular Hamburger (no melted cheese). Now, top that bad boy with some wing hot sauce and blue cheese dreesing. I also add lettuce, onion and sometimes tomato.

As far as regular cheeseburgers, add some Texas Pete.

Wendy's? Get a packet or two of their Chili sauce. Add a few drops to each bite to give the burger a little more zip.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dmike,
    I too am a fan of hamburgers w/o cheese. Your recommendation of using Wendy's chili sauce AS YOU GO is the kind of thing that this board is all about. Thanks.
    For chicken wing sauce, are we talking Texas Pete Chicken wing sauce? That stuff is great on burgers. Combined with some bleu cheese would be a great idea.

Any other ideas of what to drop into the burger as you eat it? It's underrated- taking a bite and then dropping some kind of sauce into where you've just bitten and then taking a bite there. Hooters 3 Mile sauce is good for this tactic.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Actually the place I go to after work (The Cold Spot, in Charleston WV) sells wings and burgers. I'll get a to-go cup of their wing sauce. Awesome sauce on their burgers or your own.

The Texas Pete I was talking about is just their regular hot sauce. I'll put a few or 10 drops of that on my burgers at home. Texas Pete isn't bad on scrambled eggs either but that's coming from me, who's been known to add A-1 to my scrambled eggs (just a few drops). Good stuff.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like a good burger with grilled onions and Master Piece Bar B Sause to dip it in.

Try this some times...Stuffed Hamburgers. Take two hamburger patties and on one add a spoonfull of Shredded cheese and/or Baco-bits, Place other patty on top and seal the edges & fry or grill. The bacobits melt & give a wonderful bacon taste and melted gooey cheese in the middle....Mmmmm good stuff.

Hostboard Member Michael J. Fox's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by ellanoize:
    I like a good burger with grilled onions and Master Piece Bar B Sause to dip it in.

Try this some times...Stuffed Hamburgers. Take two hamburger patties and on one add a spoonfull of Shredded cheese and/or Baco-bits, Place other patty on top and seal the edges & fry or grill. The bacobits melt & give a wonderful bacon taste and melted gooey cheese in the middle....Mmmmm good stuff.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That sounds kick ass

Hostboard Member Francis Scott Key's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Alternative Burger Toppings

That does sound good ellanoise.