Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Find a company that will benefit or be hurt by an obvious theme...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My theme was that since the world is trying to decrease their consumption of fossil fuels, there will be opportunites for alternative energy companies to prosper. This may be too soon because I looked up 4 companies using the Edutrader Fundamentals and 2 were bearish and the other 2 were stagnant.

These companies include:
    ASYS - Amtech Systems, Inc.
    AKNS - Akeena Solar
    ASTI - Ascent Solar Technologies
    CSIQ - Canadian Star

Also, these are primarily solar companies. I would also need to investigate companies that invest in/produce engery cells, bio diesel, wind power, etc.

I can see how being a professional investor will take time. However, I also see how once we all get in tune with the market and take our daily pulse each day, we can make money and do things that only others can dream about.

I also really appreciate the Edutrader software and am only seeing the beginning of how powerful this tool really is.

Hope everyone is well. Talk to you guys soon.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

With the recent developments in Russia and Georgia I believe that there may be a push in the aerospace and defense sectors, especially leading into the upcoming elections and after the new president takes office.
    So, the stocks that I am looking at are
    -LMT
    -BA
    -AVAV
    -RYCEY

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have to agree with lschmerz... We, as humans need to find a cleaner solution for energy.

I decided to look into Hydrogen based Companies. I looked at BLDP and ENER.

Though they do not have strong fundamental scores on the Edutrader as of now, I strongly feel that they will will produce in years to come as the global race for a cleaner solution continues.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Seems as though energy is on everyone's mind. I too focused on the fact that oil prices and gas prices are at historic highs. Although somewhat down in recent weeks, oil is still above $100 a barrel--in fact oil jumped $3 today on government reports that indicate a big drop in US gasoline supplies. So I think that nuclear energy is going to make a comeback in the US and around the world. Therefore I predict that demand will increase for uranium. So, I am bullish on CCJ, CAMECO CORP, a uranium mining company.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi guys,

Ok so my choice was to go with the basic materials sector and specifically the copper industry.

The industry has been under pressure lately due to a broad based sell-off in commodities and commodity based stocks. Even though these stocks are down the sector looks great fundamentally. The return on equity is above 20% and most stocks carry a debt/equity ratio of less than .50.

I like two stocks in particular:

PCU - Southern Copper and
    FCX - Freeport McMorran

Both stocks charts are in the dumps right now so I would watchlist them and wait for some kind of shift in trend. We will discuss in lenght what these signals should look like.

Great job everyone!