0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Forever In Love,
    Forever Apart..
    The Story Of The Sea

The sun was caught between setting behind the vast waters of green and blue, and sitting comfortably above the horizon to shine its bright light over the earth. Locks of wheat colored curls separated and lifted in the salt scented breeze as the body of a woman took bare footed steps towards the foam lined waves. Small feet dusted with sand particles touched the damp and darkened edge of the ocean, where the water would come to greet her toes and flick cold liquid at them. She had the look of a goddess. The long beautiful hair and the perfectly toned limbs that stretched out from the fabric of her mint green dress. The light colored outfit lifted and rolled in the gentle breeze, flashing her cream colored thighs to the body of water before her. Delicate fingers of moderate length splayed and pressed downwards at her dress with palms opressing the edge. A smile curled at those kissable lips of small and thin shape, but bright in its pink color. Dots and splotches of walnut hue appeared to be scattered across the creamy flesh of her cheeks. The same dots and splotches were scattered randomly over the light colored skin that covered her body... Freckles, that's what they were. Smile was large and lifted her cheeks to partially obstruct the view of those aloe green eyes. Vibrant colored pools showed the childish amusement in the slow pushing and pulling movement of the edge of the ocean. She took steps closer, baby steps. Toes tickled by the cold watery touches of the once large waves that approached the edge of the sandy shores, stretching as far as they could before the water retreated back into the depths of the sea. The sun was making its decision, disappearing behind the horizon as the last fairies of sparkling light flicked over the oceans mass. Then, darkness. The moon beginning its climb to the sky to light the path of the night dwellers. Fingers caressed her own freckle splattered cheeks before catching a strand of wheat colored blonde and tucked it behind the curve of her ear. The smile faded, just the last light of the sun was gone. Leaving behind a sherbert of colors at the horizon. The woman in the mint colored dress, seemed to disappear. Fade into nothingness as a figure behind her stepped forward. A male body, in some blue and white colored swim trunks. With almond colored pools that gazed out into the horizon. He seemed to be mourning. There was no smile, but crystal droplets filled at the line of his eyes as a hand pulled back through a curly mop of sun bleached hair. He pulled on the hair that sprouted from his head, and fell upon his knees into the sand. The tears fell tragically down sun kissed cheeks as he wept for the one who left behind a wondrous memory. Almond eyes opened after shedding the needed tears to focus upon what was left in the sand. Foot prints. He didn't understand. Just lifted his head to the sky and cried.. whimpering and speaking in whispers while drowning in tears.

"My sea goddess. I have lost you."

And after he wiped away his tears and stood upon his bare feet. He approached the water, treading deeper and deeper into the sea. The moon rising into the sky to show his faded appearance.. And he too, disappeared. Off to find his sea goddess. He would search every moon lit ocean, to find her. And she, would search every sun lit ocean, to find him.

Why they didn't search the other time to view the sea, no one knows. But it is said that God himself binded each one to their own time, making it so they could never see one another again. Because if they saw one another.. Their love would be bonded, and they would abandon the sea forever, leaving it to dry up into a vast dessert. Their love being so powerful they'd drop their duties of keeping the sea alive-- so as long as the lovers never saw one another, the sea would live on. The goddess of the sea during the day, and the god of the sea during the night. Forever in love, forever apart.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ May 27, 2008 01:47 AM: Message edited by: pick your polish ]</font>

HB Forum Owner Pick Your Polish's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A Confusing Story

"So lemme tell you something," she said.

"I see. The world.. Upside down." She grinned, and rolled her head to the side to let devil red hair spill to one side in layers of silky curls.

"You know?" She smiled, and laughed. Then began to explain.

"The reason is this: I don't look at things like everyone else." Pretty pink lips were pressed together for a smoothing of the gloss before she kept speaking.

"I.. I look at things in a whole new way. I smile when others frown, I laugh when others cry. It's just how I am."

The other female stared at her like she was crazy.. She was a blonde, golden blonde, with a short mess of hair that touched her shoulders only slightly. "You're crazy," she said with a smile.

"Now here," the redhead spoke up again. "You pick your polish, And I'll tell you more."

The blonde looked at her like she didn't even want her nails to get done by this woman. But she went to the rack and picked a color. A baby blue color, with a metallic shine. She came back, and set it on the table.

"Perfect," the firey one stated, and lifted the polish to look at it in the light. "So now. You picked a baby blue hue.. With a bit of gray color to it.. And some metallic sheen."

The blonde seemed confused, and wanted her to go on.

"You must see the world with.. Well, with a combonation of everything. A little gray here for the sadness, a little blue for some sweetness. And then the metallic sheen.. Well, that's looking on the bright side." The red head lifted the cigarette to her mouth for a long inhale, then expelled it into the air.

"You acknowledge the sadness, but the metallic sheen keeps you going. The sweet baby blue is what attracts people to you... You know?"

"Wow," the blonde was in awe. And the male sitting next to her reached for her hand. "She's good. That sounds just like you."

The redhead shook her head. "It's all about how she picks her colors.. If she picks the wrong color, It won't suit her. Not like this is my job-- I just. Paint nails." She rolled her shoulders and began to open the bottle.

The male next to the blonde looked at the red head smiling. "So Claire.. What color would you choose?"

"I'd choose.. Well I dunno what I'd choose. Guess I can't answer that cause I know what each polish stands for. But.. I like blue.. A jean blue. Cause I like to kick back in some jeans, notice the sadness in the gray, but keep my eyes on the ocean horizon for a new day."

The couple smiled brightly as the stoner nail painter finished her cigarette.

"S'what I do. Paint nails.. And just tell people 'pick your polish.' Cause if they pick on their first instinct.. I might be able to tell their future. But that's only if they want that many colors on their nails.. You know? Might turn out looking like a blender of shit, instead of some pretty nail color. So. I paint, what they choose. And tell them a little story."

The male smiled brightly, then leaned a little onto the table to speak. "So, how did this all come seeing the world upside down?"

"Well. I tell everyone that. Cause.. I do. I see everything the opposite of what everyone else sees. S'how I do my job."

The blond wrinkled her nose. "But you just paint nails. And you make up little stories about polish colors."

"Exactly."

"What?"

"That's what I said I do. Nothing special.. Everyone just thinks what I say is special-- that's only because they want something to believe in. You know?"

"Well I guess that's right.." The other female stated. "Well, I'm Stephanie-- this is my husband Joseph. We'll be coming back to see you.."

"But I gotta paint your nails-- you don't get a story without the color being painted there.."

"All right then." Pause.. " Can I pick another color?"

"Sure."