<font face="Verdana"><font color="blue"> Without much warning, the truck was turned onto a dirty road that looked overgrown with weeds and such from the main road. They bounced along the seat with every bump ran over. </font></font>

<font face="Verdana"><font color="blue">"I don't know what the hell this guy wants, he's a fucking nut job. He already hated me before he knew that we were seeing each other...." </font></font>

<font face="Verdana"><font color="blue"> Quick glance was given her way as he sighed. Palm rested on the inside of her thigh, a small squeeze given for comfort.</font></font>

<font face="Verdana"><font color="blue">"We're getting Roberto back, that's all that matters Cat." </font></font><font face="Verdana"><font color="blue">Breaks were tapped as they drew closer to the docks used by many to smuggle in alcohol.</font></font>

<font face="Verdana"><font color="blue">"Listen...whatever the fuck happens, you take Roberto and go. There's a gun under the seat, loaded. All you have to do is cock it and shoot, alright?" </font></font>

<font face="Verdana"><font color="blue">Up ahead he saw six or so figures standing on the dock, one being a smaller one from the others. Breaks were applied as they rolled to a stop. Putting the truck into park, engine was killed and keys were pulled from the ignition. Reaching over, he grabbed her wrist and twisted her hand so it was palm up. Keys were slapped into it, and he closed her fingers over them. </font></font>

<font face="Verdana"><font color="blue"> "Just play it cool, pussy cat."</font></font><font face="Verdana"><font color="blue">His trademark wink was given before he climbed out of the truck. He waited as she joined his side before making his way down to the docks. Lift of chin was offered to the group of men and their leader. </font></font>

<font face="Verdana"><font color="blue">"Dias, you fucking prick. You stoop as low as taking a kid from his mother."</font></font>

<font color="black">Dias stood still, a strong hand on little Roberto's shoulder as a gun was pressed to the back of his head. "Check him." Order was given. Two men staggered forth, one patting down the front of Lombardi, the other taking the back. Coming up empty, each one stood on either side of him. "You know Lombardi, I have been waiting for this day for years. I'm fucking sick of seeing your face. Hell, this whole city is." </font>

<font face="Verdana"><font color="blue">"Right, I get that, you're jealous. Enough with this bullshit, what do you want?....Name your price." </font></font>

<font color="black">A cold laugh was given as his grip on the young boy's shoulder tightened. "You think I want your fucking money? I spit on your money." To emphasize, he spat towards Lombardi. "No, fuck your money. That's no good with me. You know what I want. For years I've taken your shit and today, it's ending. I'm taking what matters most to you and that's your power....Bring him over, boys." Roberto was shoved roughly towards Cat as the two stocky guys grabbed Lombardi's arms and pinned rather painfully behind his back before walking him forward towards Dias.</font>

<font face="Verdana"><font color="blue">"So as long as you got me, you'll let the kid and his ma go, right?"</font></font>

<font face="Century Gothic">She felt like she was riding on a roller coaster that was bound for hell, and every damn bump in the road made the truck's shocks shriek under the pressure. Cat rolled down the window a little, needing the fresh air, for several reasons.</font>

<font face="Century Gothic">"That's not all that matters to me. Six months ago? Yes. Fine. That's all that would have mattered. Now? Now, it's not even close--oh Jesus. Vincenzo.."</font>

<font face="Century Gothic">She saw the silhouette of each man standing at the docks, and the sight of them stole the words from her mouth. Cat did something that may or may not save their life later. All of them, she prayed. She removed the key to the truck from the ring, slid it into the ignition, then pocketed the keys after climbing out. So the men could all see exactly what she was doing. Watch where she puts the keys, boys. That's it. Pay close attention, you mother fuckers. And just as expected, they did to her what they'd done to Lombardi, and the keyring was pulled from her pocket and handed to Dias, who gave a satisfied smirk of approval.</font>

<font color="black">Then he looked at Lombardi, his eyes full of envy and anger, "You think I can let her walk outta here? She knows too much. No, first, she has to learn the code of silence." </font>

<font face="Century Gothic">Cat grabbed Roberto's arm, pulling him closer to her.</font>
"You have my silence, Dias. I just want my son and my life back. He's a liar and a cheater, and this city needs new blood running the show."