Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Barrel Red was an existing club that drew in the attention of most dazzling phenomenons. The underground of chaos that surfaced here was not for the weak hearted, or for the ill fated human that might stumble on in. It blew speakers against the walls in war cries and warning threats, that any who entered might be swallowed by the fumes of smoke, techno and feasting oddities.

Fortunetly for Rev, he was already half of what they were. He was prepared for the worse, which usually was the out come.

"Here we are." murmered the living myth, as he stood outside the doors and swung eyes of heavily yellowish-topaz to a smaller, portly looking man.

"I-I-I... don't th-th-think I should g-g-go in there, R-r-rev." Jittered the stuttering, balding man. He tinkered with some odd metal ball in his hands, blinking wildly up to the Orient monster at his right.

"Alright, Ernie. You don't have to. I just need you to stay outside, and be ready with that, alright? You know what to do."

Rev was stoic as ever, the austerity a piece of intense nature. Never would he raise his voice, or flinch in the faces of death he normally came into contact with.

Ernie, who was pushing up the thick, coke bottle glasses along his nose, nodded quickly and swallowed down his taste of cowardice.

"And here, Ernie. Hold this until I come back out." It was never "if I come back out" but when. Confident in all accounts of being what he was, and being what most of the dark world hated: A hybrid of man and demon.

Trench coat that lengthened to his ankles was shed like some serpent skin. The battle armor he wore some black type of metal. It's ridges twitched, and it sank closer to his chest and the straps over his shoulders cinched tighter. Blooming spirals of grey mingled with the charcoal black, movement coming from some unknown voodoo hexed into what he wore.

"B-b-be careful, Rev. P-p-pike is a s-s-second level d-d-demon. He w-w-won't play f-f-fair."

Rev always found it amusing that the demonology scientist next to him, reminded him of things he already knew from the beginning. It was an odd bond between the duo, and yet Rev cherished what Ernie meant to him.

"I know, Ernie. I got it. Just be ready."

Cracks of red through out the yellow contrast of his eyes brightened, and deepened. Eyes that shouldn't have been in a man's body. Eyes that were rabid in their flavor of toxicity and bizarre hue. The slit pupils did little to help with the atrocity that made up his focus, as well. It was those eyes that always gave him away, hence why normally shaded behind sunglasses.

But now, there was no sun to hide from, and everyone inside would know exactly who, and what he was.

The last bit of cigarette smoke poured from his nostrils. The sizzling of the cherry being dropped into a near by, cement engraved puddle had him craning his neck and glancing to the doors.

It was then that he began his primal stalk foreward. Hand reaching over his shoulder, to hear the beautiful glisten of that sword being unleashed from it's sheath. He twisted it with the flexible poising of his fingers, listening to the way it even sliced the particles of the air into sound.

He stopped, just short of opening the twin doors, hungry in his gaze that shifted to that weapon.

"Nah. Don't need this ... just yet."

Swinging it back to the capsule it was used to. Both hands then came, and pulled open the doors.

He dissapeared inside, and left Ernie to wait.

<center>( To be continued. )</center>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It was suddenly second nature for the hybrid, to walk in through the door and encourage wide eyes his way. Dancing harlots and drugged up men, bartenders, bouncers, the silly dj playing what Rev could only explain as annoyance. They all paused in their merry-go-round life of spindled lies, secrets and malicious intents, to stare at what they saw.

They saw him, for what he really was.

He saw them all, out of their skins and crawling like the lower demons they were. Whimpering in their shells of humanesque proportions, while he set eyes straight and didn't bother looking at any of them.

They would all get theirs.

Pike was a thick build of a man. Shaved bald for some indimidation factor that didn't work on, oh, say? Hybrids?

He had no idea. He couldn't sniff out the direct aura that was Revolution. There were certain magics up the hybrids sleeve, and they all knew it. That's why he was a dangerous carrier of that curse.

Pike bled cigar smoke from his mouth, groaning and moaning over something as he tilted back in that reclining desk chair.

That's when Rev kicked open the flare of double doors, pulling cigarette from his lips and grinning like a mad-man at Pike.

"Hey, Pike! Long time, no see. I'm dissapointed that you havn't written."

Eyes got wide, and a head popped up from underneath the desk. A woman, well, what looked like a woman. A zipper heard, and Pike was chuckling in the deep fat of his throat, causing rolls to somewhat jiggle. The girl, the thing, ran past Rev to go mingle with what she considered the safe one's.

Again, they would all get theirs.

"Revolution. Well, well. I see you havn't been killed yet.

"You know that's not possible, Pike." Rev spoke, while cleaning a piece of tobacco from his lip.

"Now, why don't you tell me why you're really here, ruekajin?" A hearty laugh boasted out, and Pike seemed amused. Rev on the other hand, did not.

There was a split second to where nothing was seen, until that very moment where time slowed and his face was close to Pike's. Angled with a broken sneer to be the last thing the humanesque Pike would see, till that blade was being stuffed into the turkey skin of Pike's jugular.

"Knock, knock, Anuch." Said Revolution, for when he pulled back, the sticky residue of blood on his blade dripping down to his hands, a noise was crackled. It was bones on the inside of that body bag. Eyes rolled back, sucked in, and the wound of where Rev had hit grew, split open more with what looked like thin spider legs pulling it apart.

A piercing sound came, a scream of sorts from the belly of the beast. When body was ripped free from, the large centipede type monstrosity chittered the vile points of seen teeth and pinchers. It's body that of a serpent, but with thousands of sharp legs sticking out.

"Obdrib ni zin'nache sol, Nis Enicham!"

"Hey! Don't blame me, alright, Anuch! I know you know where the fuck she is, so just fucking tell me!"

The thing slithered closer to Rev, and that was never something he included in his interest list. Stepping back, the poise of his blade up in symbolic war stance.

"Racni suu ni rounuk len Lilith."

Patience was lost, and Rev swiped that sword up and through the midsection of the serpentine centipede. When the roar of the anger from the abomination rose, Rev took that step back again, when the lengthy talons of the thing came to swipe at him.

"Dammit, Anuch!"

Rev's jaws snapped, lashed out. His own skin bitter against bones and stretching thin. His change was never that of a beautiful thing.

Moments later, after what sounded like a brutal battle between gods and monsters, Rev was stepping out from that office. Wiping his brow off of blood and ooze.

"Fuck...."

Sulking his shoulders foreward, as the Euranathos told him nothing about where to find Mia. Not, not Mia. That bitch known as Lilith.

The whole population of the underworld, and the over lords of the clouds, knew why the mans passion for offing Mia was so bad.

He crept through the darkened halls of that club, avoiding again, the thick rot of the spectres that surfaced here in their costumes of human masks.

When he branched out, Ernie was excited with his soft, brown eyes. He rushed to offer back Rev's trench coat, and handed the hybrid that small, metallic ball.

"Thanks, Ernie. Hey, what do you say to some burgers?"

Rev wound up the item, hearing it tick and pull metal into the right place. When he opened the door back up, it was only to roll the ball right smack inside Barrel Red.

Ernie stuttered, as they headed back to the SUV.

"I-I-I was thinking o-o-of waffles, myself."

Rev stopped, tipping his head. Before he could respond, he heard it: The regal roar of dying demons, the whole lot of them. Bright was the light that shown through the cracks and creases of the building, before what looked like a light-smoke image of a Chinese dragon shook and busted through the roof, to head for the Heavens.

"Waffles sounds great, Ernie."

<font color="#FFCC00" size="1">[ March 10, 2005 04:18 PM: Message edited by: chimera factory ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"He's here."

"Who's here?"

"He is here. You know who I am talking about, do you not?"

"Oh. Him. Right. What the hell does he want with me?"

"To kill you."

"Lots of people, and things, wish to kill me, Devina. Tell me something I don't know."

"He shot Sinjin Fai."

Devina's mouth rippled into a grim smile while Revolution's face went stoic. Sitting underneath the moon gave them strange shadows to swarm around them. It was night out and Devina was that of an odd oracle.

"He shot Sinjin Fai and is looking for you. He wishes to kill you. Murder you." Devina repeated these words from behind the metal of her mask that looked like it weighed a ton. The chains around her arms and ankles made cold sounds as she crawled closer to the hybrid.

"Fuck you, Devina. No riddles. Not tonight. Just tell me why." Rev watched this display of her naked body (all but that mask that concealed her skull down to her shoulders) twisting inches away from his. She stopped when the chains restrained her and she couldn't move any further.

A cackle of laughter. "Why? Why asks the Nis Enicham of the poor, pitiful Devina. I do not know why. Why is a question you should ask a man you know better than anyone."

"I don't know the answer, cunt. Just tell --"

"Tch, tch. Speak nice, or I shall make your tongue my breakfast." Hissed behind the mask. She lurched back, to sit on her ankles and begin writing Langara into the dirt below her.

"You will find him, he will find you. Blood will be shed as one is a man, the other a demon. It is the way I have seen them. I know no more." The writing stopped, and Rev looked down. The words written in his language said "To death and to life, a soul shall be born with each."

"You will come back and see me, no? You know I love to look at your face, hijah." She spoke, again, and Revolution could feel the scar tissue of her mouth bleed into a smile from behind that mask. Her eyes, such a pale blue, blinked slow from the sockets cut out of the head garb.

"Yes. I will. But for answers, if I don't find them myself, bitch." Revolution left the underground of that hidden away place, where it was a dark and sacred ground for Devina. He left to find Sinjin and Julia.