Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"excuse me, sir,"

wade jumped about a mile, capping the dirty lens of his nikon with a sweaty palm with a startled grunt. the police officer just leaned into his car window further, neurotic beatnik-esque young man with a telephoto lens sitting outside of coronado middle school reflected back in (what wade assumed were standard issue) silver-tint aviators.

"excuse me, what's going on here?"

"oh! ha, just.." he felt his heart spasm in his chest and his lungs pitched up a croaking giggle. "oh man, i'm picking up my nephew from school, he's.." he's going to fight some little prick in the back parking lot at 3:15 and i just wanted to get some good shots. that wouldn't work, wade vaughn meior could tell by the way the officer's frown deepened into a gritty, unshaven crease, he imagined the windblown cop's eyes narrowing into ruthless, murderous gashes, the eyes of a man who publicly tortures a child molester. oh god. "he's right over there.."

"what did he want?"

"nothing. get in the fucking car." wade jiggled the keys in the ignition of his (sister's hand-me-down) ungracefully aging brown volvo, lips like two dead worms sliming unhappily over his cheeks as gabriel vincent carusa strutted past the pitmarked hood of the car. strutted. wade's eleven year old cousin was prepubescent heartthob personified, flaxen-haired, an underdeveloped adonis in the dewy spring of his youth while wade was disfigured, frail, monstrous in comparison.

if only the car had roared to life, leapt forward and caught him underneath the bumper. grinding his hairless face, peach-skinned and unmarked by deep lines of worry across the asphalt. that would've evened the playing field a bit.

"he was just asking what i was doing. get in the goddamn car."

"you're such a pussy, wade."

it was hard not to feel frustrated. this stupid fucking worthless piece of shit car.

"yeah, you're the one that didn't even fight. i sat out here and waited for like, ten minutes"

"[/i]yeah[/i], only because you're over here getting arrested."

"oh my god, i wasn't getting arrested, gabe, jesus, he's a concerned fucking citizen. stop being such a dick." the car's engine shrieked and rolled over, finally sputtering to life with a triumphant hiss blown through the cracks of wade's lips.

"you always gotta be such a pussy, wade."

wade's scum brown eyes rolled miserably and he clutched the steering wheel as the car cut into the pulsing artery of after-school traffic.

"mom says you'd be fine if you just got a haircut and moved out of our house." that sounded like something she would say.

"that's the last time i pick up gabe from school, lou."

"oh, wade, you're home." his older, far more educated sister leaned past the withered stretch of her brother's shoulders to shout into the hallway. "there's chicken on the table, gabriel! --and what happened this time? are you just being dramatic? you know i really appreciate you picking him up. oh! and that reminds me, he's got this parent teacher thing on thursday, god, and i'm just not going to have time." louise odelia carusa was machine gun mouthed, leaning into her mirror to adjust a clumsy droop in her lipliner. she didn't have time for this. "i'd really appreciate it if you'd go for me."

"aw, fuck, come on, i'm not even his parent! louise!"

"you're his uncle, wade!" it was a venomous snap, thrown over her shoulder as tastefully mascara'd eyelashes cut her bedroom browns into gashes. "i really need your help around here. if you could just fucking cooperate.."

"he's such a little shit, though, lou!" he caught her wounded expression in the reflection of her mirror and pushed off the doorframe in defense. "you fucking know it, don't look at me like that, he's a manipulative gorgeous little asshole. you know it. we all know it!"

"so. dramatic." her eyes rolled into the pool of her own reflection and she turned away from the mirror, grabbing a smart black blazer from her bed. "we'll talk about this when i get home. there's chicken on the table."

"great." pouting made his face snarl into an unsettling caricature of bloated cheeks and a protruding brow. he could learn a thing or two from gabe, who could melt hearts with a single bat of an eyelash.

"oh, and you've got a letter." even louise sounded surprised. "it's on the tv."

"what? from who?"

<font color="#ffffff" size="1">[ October 17, 2006 11:40 PM: Message edited by: black cats and cunnilingus ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<center>
    wade3
    st. louis greyhound station, 2002.
    </center>