Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's not all my fault.

Okay, so, Journal, I will admit to royally fucking up on MANY (too numerous to count, actually..feh.) occaisions in my relationships with women, and my assholish attempts to smooth things over in the end don't amount to a pile of shit.

Yes, I freely admit that.

But I've reached the conclusion after much soul searching, that it really isn't ALL my fault.
    I attach myself (mentally, emotionally, spiritually) to women who are natural caregivers with a nuturing instinct about them that will coo and play nursemaid to my lonely-heart miserable roughneck persona I have meticulously fabricated for myself.

And.. in a way.. I like that. Being taken care of that is. My problem is Im too stubborn to let anyone do anything for me. I hold people at arm's length. I bluster and curse and throw a fit. I brood. Or sulk.

I'm a foolish asshole.

Chrysta. Shannon. Amanda. Gina. Natalie. It would seem I'm forever destined to screw up each and every relationship I've ever had.

Until now.
    I never claimed to be perfect, but I see clearly now for the first time in years. I've mended fences with my older sister. God! We actually bonded on Valentine's weekend. Can you believe it?! Yeah, we totally got wasted on Godiva and cheap wine (don't skimp on the GOOD stuff... chocolate..) and watched all these old sappy romantic movies. I've hired a few more ranch hands to help out with Wounded Heart. The horse breeding program has turned into such a smashing success I can hardly keep up! I've toyed with the idea of returning to rodeo (Hey! If Jordan can come out of retirement...)and the more I think about it... the more I realise that it was only a matter of time before the inevitable.

So, here I am at the ripe old age of twenty- nine single, stubborn as ever, but with a new found respect and outlook on the future. Only Fate knows where my road will take me from here.

<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ March 05, 2005 10:38 AM: Message edited by: incomplete addiction ]</font>

Inactive Member Roping the Wind's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<center>

Empty spaces fill me up with holes
    Distant faces with no place left to go
    Without you within me I can't find no rest
    Where I'm going is anybody's guess

I've tried to go on like I never knew you
    I'm awake but my world is half asleep
    I pray for this heart to be unbroken
    But without you all I'm going to be is incomplete

Voices tell me I should carry on
    But I am swimming in an ocean all alone
    Baby, my baby
    It's written on your face
    You still wonder if we made a big mistake

I don't mean to drag it on, but I can't seem to let you go
    I don't wanna make you face this world alone
    I wanna let you go (alone)

Incomplete

Backstreet Boys
    </center>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<center>
    Cause on my hands and knees
    I've crawled,
    eternity to beg forgiveness
    And someday I'll be there I swear to you,
    God, as my witness
    For all the trusts I've broke,
    let justice know, it's just that easy
    Cause I'm a liar, I conspired, I'm a liar...

Nickelback
    </center>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<center>

My life is brilliant.

My life is brilliant.
    My love is pure.
    I saw an angel.
    Of that I'm sure.
    She smiled at me on the subway.
    She was with another man.
    But I won't lose no sleep on that,
    'Cause I've got a plan.

You're beautiful. You're beautiful.
    You're beautiful, it's true.
    I saw your face in a crowded place,
    And I don't know what to do,
    'Cause I'll never be with you.

Yeah, she caught my eye,
    As we walked on by.
    She could see from my face that I was,
    Fucking high
    And I don't think that I'll see her again,
    But we shared a moment
    That will last till the end.

I saw your face in a crowded place,
    And I don't know what to do,
    'Cause I'll never be with you.

There must be an angel with a smile on her face,
    When she thought up that I should be with you.
    But it's time to face the truth,
    I will never be with you.

James Blunt
    </center>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It was quiet. Too quiet. So, yeah... she used a bad movie line. Get over it. Her only companion for the night was the moon on bare shoulders as she aimlessly wandered towards the Tav and up the porch steps.

It was that sort of quiet that rattles the nerves right outta your skin when the phone rings.

Why, Hello Clarice
    kind of quiet. Tuneless whistle echoed eerily in the stillness of the early night air. Yanno, like the kind you hear just before the pyschopathic killer goes on a murderous rampage.
    Luckily, it was just Mac. Wait.
    That was just as bad.

Wow. Utterly empty. Natalie was relieved, but yet disappointed when the scan of grays were revealed he wasn't there. She'd never let him know that she looked for him, though. Lips parted on a soft sigh, back to the porch as she dipped to call out her order. Shifting restlessly as she waited on the server to deliver the water to the window sill, impatient. C'mon. As far as she could tell, she was the only customer here and all she asked
    or was water. Snapsnap.

Good things come to those who wait. Cowboy was still frazzled from the afternoon's earlier drama but in slightly better spirits as he emerged from the mouth of the alleyway and trudged along the beaten path towards the familiar watering hole.

Finally. "Thanks." This mumbled as the waitress finally released a bottle of water into her hold.

He'd cleaned up as much as a cowboy could get clean. Faded jeans without too much mud and dust. A marked attempt to tame unruly dark clearly had been made to no avail with the appearance of the ever present oversized stetson perched low upon dark brow casting shadows across a too lean but ruggedly handsome face. Adopting another melody as boots scuffed up the porch steps.

The sound of footsteps had her turning with apprehension towards the sound, jean-clad hip that was razor-blade sharp rested heavily against the railing. There he was.
    The one she couldn't help but search for, the one who ahd walked back into town and turned her black and white canvas back into a Picasso of movement and colors.
    "Hey." Again. It was the best greeting she could muster.

Mac eased passed Natalie with smooth but sure precision, tipping his hat in an almost ludicrously polite manner. "Ma'am," he murmured and lazed for the serving window.
    As though she had been any ol' passerby on the street.

That oughta get her goat.

Treating her as invisible was just as bad as yelling and shouting and making a huge scene.
    But you see.. been there done that. Done. And over.

Indignant, Natalie's pert nose turned pink with mortification that she was brushed so carelessly off. Fine. She knew him well enough when to play along with his charade. Promptly her gaze left him and she found herself settling down into a porch swing,
    tan profile tilting towards the moonlight as she pressed her mouth to bottle.

It was the best thing she could've done. Best. And worst. From that angle, the way the moonlight illuminated her profile to cast an ethereal glow around her statuesque frame, he'd find himself hard pressed not to ogle and stare.

He grunted instead. And ordered whiskey. Lots of whiskey.

"Ape." This to herself at his grunt. Stretching back, she lazily sprawled the length of her frame over the swing, one coltish leg dangling over the seat of it as she set it a-swayin', listening to it groan and creak in protest. Enraptured by the pale streaks of yellow-white the moon played across the front lawn, her gaze safely settled there.

She wouldn't look at him. She wouldn't dare .

Shrew," he mumbled equally to himself. His snifter of whiskey and tumbler in hand, boots thudded in the opposite corner of the porch. It was almost hysterical.
    Like two opponents relegated to their own sides of the 'ring.'

Shrew? Ok, full curve of her mouth twitched humorously. They both knew she was anything. The enigmatic slant of grays gave into falling upon Mac's form, framed by darkness. Proudly, she tipped her water bottle in his direction.
    A toast!

Well, to be quite honest... another word had come to mind...first.
    Couldn't imagine what!
    He was utterly and totally stumped on that one.

"Nuit jolie." Foreign words broke the silence between them, sweetly. "Now, if only the company were such."

The corners of his mouth quirked, unbidden, at the audacity of the gesture.
    He smothered a faint chuckle with a gravelly cough.

A cajoler's smile threatened to overtake the serene tilt of her mouth, steel-coated grays holding him within their storm brewin' grasp.

Tres jolie indeed. And the company was such.
    Shameless in the blatant appraisal of a roving eye over the feisty model. Lower lip bitten and he sloshed whiskey into his glass and down a few gulps. Wincing at the faint burn.
    A muscle ticked in that granite jaw before he wrenched his gaze away.

"Can't talk to me?" Taunting, just as she used to.
    "Hm," grumble of agreement. It was the best he could manage at the moment.

"Cowbooooooy." Natalie was greatly amused by the situation, and it was evident in her expression.

"Indeed. And the company is such." Aw. Don't be too magnanimous at once, Mackie.
    "Or rather.." He paused.

That shocked her into silence, eyes dropping to her lap.

"Bellisima.." He nodded, murmuring more to himself than anyone. Grey-greens shifted to study the glass held within calloused hands.

"You look good." Wisely ignoring the old endearment, forcing a tight lipped smile.

That heartfelt declaration seemed to break the ice a bit and he allowed that familiar roguish grin to play briefly across the curve of his generous mouth.

"Liar," he breathed in little more than a growl. "But you---"
    He made a gesture with his free hand not holding the glass. Arching a dark brow,
    as if there was nothing more left to be said. That slow whistle of masculine approval said
    it all, didn't it?

"I'm not a liar." Amused, and without another word and without his invitation she moved
    to his side of the porch, casually leaning against the railing. "Where've you been?"
    Pain edged her question, though a thick fan of sooty lashes did well to hide emotions flickering through eyes.

"True," he murmured, thoughtfully as he advanced ever so slowly towards her side
    of the porch. "But you're many other things, mi bella fiore." He reclined casually against the railing a few mere feet away now. Studying her moonlit profile with apparent avid interest.

"Oh? Like... infuriating? Um, or... stubborn? Hot headed?" Her voice dropped low, warming at his closeness.

His glass was set aside for the time being. He needed both hands free for this.
    Whiskeyed baritone dropping a few octaves as he made the admission.

Turning, Natalie bent over the railing, elbows propped a-top. Delicate spine curved in the position, tilting back the head of unruly expresso as she looked back to Cowboy.

"Like strong. And independent," he breathed in the fragrance of the night blooming jasmine as well as the equally intoxicating scent of her own essence. Grey-greens taking on a distant expression as he seemed to find inordinate interest in a freckle dusted along her bare forearm. Without thinking, the rough pad of his thumb traced its contour.

"And beautiful and soft." Whoa. Where'd all that come from?! Eyes shifting to study her face, thrown into welcome relief by the silver beams of the summer moon.

Visibly, she softened. Sucking in a breath, and expelling it slowly, she fought for composure. Natalie couldn't be weak again. All it got her last time was a slap in the face and a dust pan to pick up the remaining pieces of her heart that Mac hadn't taken with him when he left. Though, they had both been at fault.

Her hand came to rest over his, giving it a affectionate squeeze. So many questions, and nearly too timid at this point to ask. False bravado called upon, and she faced Mac squarely. "Why'd you go?"

A tickle of a wispy wave, curved and clung to narrow shoulders, the light breeze aiding her in her quest for a simple breath.

He expelled a deep breath. Longsuffering in its delivery as though the very question itself had caused him pain.

"I missed you." Adding on, barely audible. Helplessly, as though drawn by habit her fingers reached to his temple, tracing a circular path there.

"I was a fool," he admitted, voice equally as quiet. Her own admission stirring something within him he'd feared long since had been buried with the passing of time.

"I missed you," he whispered against the shell of her ear. Lips nearly grazing the sensitive skin. Good lord.. pretty soon they would be making everyone nauseated. Yay!

He had her height by several inches, forehead settling against his shoulder in defeat. Natalie could be hard-headed, yes; but she knew when it was time to be honest.
    "Not nearly as much..." Trailing, a fingernail tracing the curve of his ear.

"Care to make a wager on that?" Devil may care smile touching the corners of his mouth as he murmured.

"I remember our first bet, that never got around to." Warmly smiling up at him.

Anything else she might have said was effectively silenced for he was already tilting up her chin with a thumb and forefinger and searing her mouth with his own. After all it was a long time in the coming! Let him have his moment.

Arms gathering her closer and such. All that good stuff.

Going lax in the embrace, a soft puff of air was released against the kiss as she sighed. Careless of being observed, hands cradled the back of his neck, sipping at intimate gesture. She gave him his moment.

"Ti Amo," he breathed the foreign syllables against her lips then again against the shell of her ear. Aw. Arms giving a near rib crushing sqeeze before stealing yet another lingering kiss. And rubberneckers be damned! Laughing softly with the elation.

"I do remember what the means, voleur." Mac was a thief, and both of them knew it. An approving murmur sounded, forgetting her place.

A thief of the worst order. Indeed. Both of them forgetting their places and all sorts of invasions of space going on. It was sheer and utter chaos!

Natalie withdrew, albeit reluctantly. Fingertips hovered precariously over her mouth,
    and she looked away. "I've got to run."

"I'm sorry," he cleared his throat, obviously embarrassed. After all, he wasn't even entirely certain she was free and unencumbered. He looked unsure and faintly mortified.
    Nodding as she made her getaway. Heh.

"Mackenzie..." His name rushed, and Natalie stretched up, firmly planting a generous mouth against his once more. She was hopeless. It was his fault. Befuddled by her own actions, she danced out of arm's reach.

He was stunned for about the fraction of a second then a slow grin broke onto his face.
    "Natalie..." Parroting her tone and slowly giving the proverbial 'chase.' After all, wasn't it a game they were playing? Ahh, l'amore.

Frowning at the grin. "Don't get cocky, it was naught but a kiss." Turning her back on him, cheek to shoulder as she looked haughtily back at Mac.

"But you love when I'm cocky.." His grin was evil incarnate. Followed by a brash, overly intimate wink.

Bending over and lifting a foot, she slipped off flip-flops and let them dangle from curled fingers. She'd run faster without them.

"Hasn't been that long, mi amore." He huffed. Perhaps she needed a refresher crash course. Lifting of dark brows as he caught onto her ploy of the covert flip-flop removal.

"Too long, Cowboy." Thickening of words, free hand pushing restlessly back at loose hair.
    Toes wiggled in the grass, moonlight holding her amused smile.

"See," he rumbled with an all too knowing gleam in those grey-green eyes.

"You remember pretty well after all." Ohmigod. No he didn't!

A gasp of mock outrage and it slipped away into a cheeky smile. "Still rotten, I see."

"Of course. Just the way you like it." He grin was shit-eating and irresistable to the core. Speaking of being cheeky..

He was breathtaking when he was like this. How she could ever forget was beyond her. Natalie scoffed, "Pfft. you know not of what I like!"

Somehow... whoops.. whoa look at that.. magnetic forces at work.
    The strangest thing to be sure. And Nat was goosed and Mac was putting on the
    innocent choir boy act. Leaning in to whisper into her ear.

"I think I remember very well what you like. And just how you like it, baby."

Such heated words, such raw animal lust embracing them. The searing intensity enough
    to melt the ice off the coldest of hearts.

Nat delivered a playful jab at his rins in retaliation for the goosing. A hand rose to his opposite cheek, holding him close as her ears rang at his words. A low murmur, a whisper of her own in the thick air that barely seperated them. "Things change, perhaps my taste has." Passion stirred words, crooning as her mouth fell apart against his ear.

"Hm. You make an excellent point." He seemed to be mulling the prospect over in his mind as he pursed his lips. A devil's glint in his eye as he murmured against the hollow of her throat, breathing the words against the tender, so-soft skin. "Guess there's only one way to find out, eh?"

Bad Cowboy.

(Taken from live play 6/13/2006)

<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ June 19, 2006 01:51 PM: Message edited by: incomplete addiction ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Summer attire again, a cool blue tank top and legs stemmed from a jean skirt. Sweltering heat had Natalie keeping that unruly mane of mocha off the gentle curve of neck and shoulders, pulled back into loose pony-tail. Bouncebounce up the porch steps, warm smile for those who braved the humidity.

"Hello!" To the both of them as she headed for the service window, habitual.

Grinning like the devil himself, boots scuffed along the pavement in lazy cadence to the tuneless whistle he'd adopted and somehow carried for quite some distance. Amble for the porch steps and he had soon closed in on his intended prey. Without preamble leaning to whisper into the model's ear.

"Someone is quite chipper this morning," he gave an amused chuckle, the steam-heat of his breath tickling the bare back of her neck, probably causing a few goosebumps to rise. Honestly, he had no idea what was the reasoning behind all that bounce in her stride! Grin. And giving his own order at the window.

"Iced tea, please." Jubilantly pleading with the server, suddenly going rigid as a certain Cowboy's breath tickled her skin. "Will you always be there when I turn around?" A fierce whisper accompanied by an even hotter blush.

Yeah, like he didn't know. Glare.

Grabbing up her glass, she haughtily strode away to the opposite end of the porch,
    and settled down into the swing.

Jubilant crow to indignant hiss in two point three seconds flat. That had to be an all time new world's record! Pleasant rumble of mirth spilled from the back of the cowboy's throat. "Why not?" Dark head tilted slightly(exaggeratedly) to one side, a low whistle commencing. He continued on, rakish wink thrown in as he smiled his thanks when his beverage arrived. "When the view is so fan-fuckin-tastic from back here?" Snort!

"...So like you to be such a man." Familiar wrinkle of her nose before she happily hid her chagrin against the rim of glass.

That comment produced a short bout of whiskeyed laughter. He then pushed away from the serving window allowing others in line their turn. Plopping right down onto the swing.

Natalie shot Mac an agitated look, and raised the glass again.

Coversationally. "Sleep well?" Bringing the neck of his ale to his lips for a much deserved sip. Hell and damnation was it hot! After downing a few swigs, he placed the coolness of the glass against his brow. Whew!

Her mouth twitched, sliding him a look from the corner of a slanted gaze. "No. Not in the least." If he was going to sit there, he was going to become a pillow. Stretching out, legs swung up and were rested across Mac's lap. "You?"

He yawned and scratched like a well, man. "Like a log." Smothering a deeply rumbled chuckle with another swig from his beer. Finding the time somehow to manage giving a bronzed bare knee
    a squeeze. Since it was just there and all.

"Right," Dryly, and in return for the squeeze, he got a nudge. Grays shifted over Mac, lips pursed thoughtfully to summer air.

If that wasn't an invitation if he ever saw one. His free arm slid around Natalie's frame to tug her close enough to steal a quick kiss or two. Oh! Was she not puckering up for him, then? His bad. Grinning for the flushed, consternated expression that was sure to follow,
    he unceremoniously lifted his bottle for another sip. Hum!

Had she not been in such a chipper mood, he may have gotten slapped. These things were expected from Mac, though. Lips quirked in good humor against his. "Cheater."
    Curving at the waist, she leaned forward to press a half full glass to the cowboy's cheek. "Hot?"

"Brutally." Agreeably. Slant of grey-green surveying her from behind a fringe of lashes that were wasted on a man. As for the cheater thing, he played to win... and sometimes cheaters did prosper. Ha.

"Wuss." Smugly, directed at Mac.

A dark brow was arched. His all too intense gaze taking on an arrested gleam now. Leaning in to whisper into the shell of her ear and grinning like a madman as he did so.

"Do I need to take you over my shoulder again and show you just exactly how much of a wuss I am... again?" Which he would gladly do out of the goodness of his own heart.
    But of course. Bastard's grin!

"Pfft," Puff of air expelled, rose rising beneath bronze to stain her cheeks, and a whisper back. "Or I could show you how much of a woman I am..." Which she would do because Natalie was just... challenging. Her own proud grin.

He inclined his head towards her own and gave a shudder that wasn't entirely altogether feigned. Baritone dropping an octave as he clicked his tongue against his teeth. "Touche."
    Chuckling as he pressed the bottle against his lips for another swig and in turn, depleting the contents with much remorse.

Empty glass was set upon the service ledge, then turned on heel to face Mac.
    "I've gotta run. Don't let too much get to your head, cheri." A slip of an endearment.

Regrettably, the cowboy unentangled himself from present company and set the empty on the railing to be claimed from a waitress in the not too distant future. Turning to Nat and she stole the words straight from him!

Grinning, he pressed a kiss against her cheek and then lean to whisper once again against the side of ear before standing.

"With you on my mind, mi amore.. I seem to find that quite a difficult issue. Things always seem to be coming to a head." Half choking and half laughing as he passed her a rakish wink and copping a feel to her shapely ass when he stood. Whistle!

Natalie just... gaped at Mac, the delicate tip of her ears turning pink and giving a tell-tale sign of her mortified state. Natalie murmured low to Mackenzie.

Grinning at having ellicited the desired response he gave another roguish wink and after a comical salute he was turning for the steps. Score one for ol' Mack the Knife. Mwaha.

"You can be so crude, but god help me if I don't adore it." Soft confession, a contradiction to the playful slap she gave his chest, resisting the urge to smear a kiss across his mouth.

Now was a time she wished she had something to throw at the back of the man's hard head. Remembering her manners, a brief smile to those who remained on the porch as Natalie headed down steps.

Grinning and turning back after catching the tail end of her comment.

"Yeah but you love it!" And he was whistling again as he set off down the late afternoon city streets.

(Taken from live play 6-15-2006)

<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ June 19, 2006 02:22 PM: Message edited by: incomplete addiction ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Time had a way of changing people. Time had a real knack for screwing you over.

Ehh.. but the more things changed the more they stayed the same. Or ..something. Not necessarily moody and brooding but he wasn't feeling very amiable either as could be noted by the vicious revving of the engine of his newly purchased motorcycle. His new baby. Spray of gravel and he did a near 360 in the parking lot kicking up dust and smoke in every which direction.

As the smoke dissipated, the rider pulled off the helmet, stowed it beneath the bike and pushed careless fingers through an unruly mop of dark. Silver aviators shielded all too knowing grey-greens which seemed to see too much lately.

Grizzled and dirty and your basic hoodlum nightmare, he angled off the motorcycle and popped the collar of his black leather jacket as boots crunched on gravel, traversing the short distance from lot to porch. And taking his sweet time at that. Jaw ground down on a cinnnamon flavored toothpick, held in check as covert gaze spread around the front lawn, porch and surrounding area.

Natalie's sun kissed features were placid, gaze distant as though she had tumbled off into a day dream. Idly, a thumb traced the rim of her glass. Natalie has been gone for a long time, indeed! "Mornin'." A croon, though she couldn't quite remember what exactly the time of the day it was.

He ambled for the steps at an easy almost lazy stride, molasses on an unbearably hot summer's day. Roguish grin touched the corners of his mouth as he caught sight of his long lost love. Ahh. Such a lovely sight for sore eyes.

No, he wasn't looking at the hot blonde shaking her ass in a too tight - too short skirt. Naah. It was what said blonde was purveying on her silver tray. He swiped the longneck bottle and held it tenderly against his chest. Much to the dismay of its rightful owner.
    "Ahh, m'dear.. we've been apart for far too long.' Swig!

The temperature of the day was perfect for a nap in the sun, not too smothering, but just enough to make you lazy as a bumble-bee drunk off honey. Pushing at the floorboards of the porch, the swing was set into motion again. Carelessly she stretched over the swing, sprawling and taking up the remaining space. Eyes flickered to the seemingly sleepy man.

Swiping the back of his hand around his mouth, he sloshed foam onto the ground.
    Oh. And hey. Nat was there too. Groovy. And he calmly took another sip of his stolen bruskey.

Groovy? Groovy?! Natalie's reaction to seeing Cowboy there was an entirely different story. She sputtered against her glass, bringing the back of her hand to her mouth.

Leaning up against a corner support beam he plucked the mirrored lenses from his face and tucked them away into the inside pocket of his jacket.

Apples of her cheeks steadily became tainted with a faint flush of embarassment, "Excuse me." More of a murmur to herself as tongue darted out to steal the drops of tea her "sputter" had left upon her mouth. "Cowboy?" Softly.

Hey, check it out. The sky. Just up there being all blue and everything.
    The Drifter -slash- Cowboy studied it with interest. Few more gulps from his beer.
    Okay, so when he tried to play cool it wasn't very effective. Cowboy just exuded aloof.
    So, this whole blase nonchalant thing just looked well, borderline ridiculous.

"Yeaaaah?" He gnawed on his lower lip and nearly had a heart attack. Composed and cool as ever (albeit ridiculous) on the outside. Arch of dark brow accompanying the monosyllabic reply.

"Oh wow." She was horrified at the man. No, not really. Dimpling back at the man, eyes settled once more on Mac as he finally spoke. " 'ey." Softly.

Whatever he had expected to be spilling out of the Model's mouth he was slightly taken aback by the demure nature of her foreign lyricism. Not that he was looking for a fight or anything. But for some reason he found himself feeling slightly disappointed. Where was the Hellcat he'd once knew (loved)? Chin lift and cursory half- wink and he was pushing away from the railing and heading for the steps. Empty crashed into the trash with a resounding *thud!*

"'ey now! Where the hell do you think you're goin'?!" There she was, still easy to fire up. Coltish frame rose from the swing, directly stepping in front of Mac.
    Trust me, Natalie hadn't changed. she's been gone, but never changed.
    She was tall, but he was taller still. Natalie's chin raised defiantly as she looked up at him.

The spark of temper in sweetly accented French seemed to ignite his own stubborn Italian streak. "Natalie, get out of my way," he fairly growled. A low rumble of thunder just before the storm. Last he had checked he didn't have to answer to her. Or anyone for that matter. He slid the aviators back into place as though they were a protective shield. From her. Not.. the sun. Yanno, because they already do that.

His demand infuriated her even more, jaw setting firmly. "No." Bare shoulders squared at the rumble of his growl. "Mackenzie..." She began, the name rolling off her tongue smoothly.

"You should know better than to boss me around." Was she intimidated? Not in the least, eyes ablaze as they scanned Mac's face.

God damnit! Please, don't make him beg. Or cry for that matter. Cry. The one woman that had the capacity to reduce him to tears. This rough n' tough weathered cowboy. But those syllables from that mouth nearly brought him to his knees. "What do you want from me?"
    It was a tortured shout.

Inwardly flinching, she raised a deadpan stare to his. "Not. A. Damn. Thing."
    Each word emphasized purposefully, stepping back.

It had tumbled out a bit harsher than he had intended but at least she had stepped off.
    And that's what he had wanted...right? He nodded brusquely, popped his collar once more and stomped down the porch steps. Sheeesh.

Furtively, grays swung about the porch. Yeah, she was gonna have to buy everyone some popcorn. Teeth gritted and hands curled into fists, nails digging into the tender flesh of her palm as she restrained herself from following him.

Inwardly shaken to the core. Case in point, bad things happen to those who steal. Pay attention, kiddies.

"Are you really going to walk away... again?" Her voice followed him, taunting.

That exclamation stopped him dead cold and rooted him to the spot.

"Maybe I should gift you with watching me walk away this time." Sweetly crooned.

So slowly, so very slowly, he about faced and began to stalk towards Natalie. Menace dripping from each carefully enunciated word. "What did you just say?"
    Surely, she must be joking.

She'd do it again! Double ha!
    Averting her gaze, Natalie treated him with her profile, tone dropping unusually low. "You heard me."

He advanced until he was a mere two inches away from her face. All up close and personal like. Calloused hands gripped fragile shoulders with bruising intensity. He just wanted
    to shake her. Rage slowly ebbed away into anguish. Barely disguised at that.

Nimble fingers swept up to his biceps, gripping as she braced herself for what she thought would be a shake. Eyes widened, taking his closeness in on a deep breath. "Easy, Cowboy." Call it instinct that her tone diminished in fury,and became eearily soothing.

He wanted to shake her. But what one wants and what one does is, as we all know, two very completely different things. Instead, his fingers loosened and he tugged her close, resting unshaven chin against a wild tousled mess of mocha.

Rigid in his embrace, Natalie grew quiet, fingers flexing about his upper arms.

"I'm-- sorry," he mumbled. God, he was so irreversibly and profoundly screwed up he didn't know much of anything anymore. With startling clarity, everything came flooding back.
    He had to shut his eyes against it all. "Sorry."

Instead of shaking, he pushed her away, gently, at that. And then simply turned and walked in the opposite direction. It was the hardest thing he'd ever done.

"So you apologize, then do it again? I'm confused." Ever get that sinking feeling inside your chest, where you try to draw in breath, only for it to hurt like hell? Yeah.

Pain etched across the handsome canvas of his features at the sound of her voice.
    "Don't you see, baby?" He allowed his tongue to slip into old habits and toss out that one whiskey-rough endearment. "I -- I just can't do this right now." His fist clenched and he stalked towards the city streets. She was free to follow at her own discretion, of course. God knows they had given the tavern crowd enough entertainment for one afternoon!

Days will come and go, and well... there'll be another time for her to follow him as she once did when they bickered. "You don't have to do anything." Simple, swallowing past a lump that had risen up and Natalie headed in the opposite direction.

The farther from him, the better.

( Taken from live play 6-12-2006 )

<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ June 19, 2006 12:49 PM: Message edited by: incomplete addiction ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<center>

I set out on a narrow way many years ago
    Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
    But I got lost a time or two
    Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
    I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you
    Every long lost dream led me to where you are
    Others who broke my heart they were like northern stars
    Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
    This much I know is true
    That God blessed the broken road
    That led me straight to you

I think about the years I spent just passing through
    I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you
    But you just smile and take my hand
    You've been there you understand
    It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true

Every long lost dream led me to where you are
    Others who broke my heart they were like northern stars
    Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
    This much I know is true

Now I'm just rolling home
    Into my lover's arms
    This much I know is true

That led me straight to you.

Rascal Flatts

</center>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I carry your heart with me
    (I carry it in my heart)
    I am never without it
    (anywhere I go you go, my dear;
    and whatever is done by only me
    is your doing, my darling)

I fear no fate
    (for you are my fate, my sweet)
    I want no world
    (for beautiful you are my world, my true)

And it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
    And whatever a sun will always sing is you

Here is the deepest secret nobody knows
    (here is the root of the root
    and the bud of the bud
    and the sky of the sky
    of a tree called life;
    which grows higher
    than soul can hope
    or mind can hide)

And this is the wonder
    That's keeping the stars apart
    I carry your heart
    (I carry it in my heart)

E.E Cummings

<font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ August 27, 2006 01:20 AM: Message edited by: incomplete addiction ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<center>

Alone in this house again tonight
    I got the TV on, the sound turned down