Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just had the most absurd memory --does anyone remember the Rhydin Suicide Cliffs? And has anyone ever killed a character there?

Also, more questions:

Things have gotten kind of crazy lately. What happened to the days when a profile and a character interested us, and we just IMed OOC and asked to start a scene? Now, if we're interested in a profile or a character we have to make sure we know who that person is OOC and check if they're socially acceptable! People are making aliases to protect their identity because of online drama. People are leaving online because of it, and deleting accounts. There are so many women out there pretending to be male, and trying to seduce other people. And for what reason? Why do we have to lie about our age/gender/orientation? Why can't we just write?

Why is that people can be friends for three years online and just ditch and blackmail that other person because they're tired of their writing, and make them out to be a villain? Why do people feel the need to not be upfront and hide on other screenames? Why do people form alliances and ignore other characters in the tavern because they heard from a second-hand source that the player of that particular character is mean? Why has writing become a competition? Why are there so many hostboards?

How come we only play with players we know? And if we don't know the player's identity we just automatically assume it's someone we don't like (and we usually don't have a good enough reason not to like them.) Why do we still hold grudges against people about petty things that were said three years ago?

Why do people use woman character pictures for their male characters? Why do people think that they were the first person that used that character picture and call everyone else a copycat for using the same picture? My opinion has always that if picture fits, it fits. I know I wasn't the first person to use Angelina Jolie. I know I wasn't the first person to use Johnny Depp when I made Verona back before I made Solomon, but I don't verbally batter anyone else for that.

Why do we ignore people's characters because of OOC lamepettydrama IC? Why is it that two characters that have been dating for several months break up because of OOC drama and one character won't even acknowledge the other character when they walk right past them in the drama? That's incredibly lame. How come people bond together and follow and worship one person, and suck up to them, striving endlessly to get their approval? Why do people go in the tavern to specifically play with one another and no one else? Are they trying to show off their MAD SKILLZ? Or are they trying to make other people they've played with in the past jealous? Let's face it, the tavern isn't such an interesting place--you could just take it into a private room if that's the scenario. I personally, like to leave my character open to interaction.

Why do people fall in love online, or pretend to? Why are people so paranoid that something will come back to bite them in the ass that they copy and paste and SAVE all conversations they have with everyone else as proof for a later date? That's what I did when I was fifteen, and I'm ashamed of it. But I didn't even do it to that extent. I had a mild case of the copy and paste syndrome. If you're thirty, you shouldn't be doing that. Why is it that I only play gay men nowadays with the exception of a few straight ones because there are no female characters out there? Why are the female characters out there usually very stuck-up vixen/goddesses that are too emotionally detached and tragic to ever love? How is that we can just choose to end a longterm SL because the other player didn't make it online for a weekend?

These are just some questions we should seriously think about. Because this community is just losing all of its fun. There are too many cliques and alliances. No one can interact any longer. And I haven't even been on AOL for the last four months to witness it. But, boy have I heard.

So starting anew: I'm Erica. Sara and I started this board four years ago, because AOL wouldn't give us a board. Later, I changed the name to Razorblade Suits, and just recently changed it back again. I would play a girl but everyone is gay. I'm not what they say I am. I'll play with anyone. I can't think of anyone online I honestly dislike. I'm blown away by so many of you people and your writing, but I can't/won't approach because of the OOC dilemmas listed above.

Questions? Comments? You can IM me on Solomons bones.

<font color="#EE0000" size="1">[ April 26, 2005 05:18 PM: Message edited by: softcore jukebox ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yes. and i remember people going there to "save" people who were going to kill themselves.

Inactive Member like neon lights's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's old school. I don't think I remember the cliffs, but I remember the Singles Bar. Wootwoot. We should revive that mofo. Ahaha.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

suicide cliffs = THE SHIT

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i remember them. but they were full of like, fairies and stuff.

or what about the slave gardens. hahaha. everyone entered through a gate. and there were always depressed girls in 'silks' under trees. with blue hair.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There are still depressed girls with blue hair, what are you talking about?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OMG YES. Do you remember ..the fuck, what was the name of the chatroom? It was where all the drow characters went, and the Fey-Branche SL. Or the Midra Ruins which, before that, was something else that I can't recall either because I've smoked so much pot.

Inactive Member Fairytale dreamer's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LMAO. The Singles Bar. -- Haha, and I think the Waterfalls are still around, along with the Rhydin Forest. That's where the "depressed princesses" used to hang out, if memory serves!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What about the Rhydin Waterfalls?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They are? In Arts and Entertainment?

I remember the Slave Gardens, and the Cages. I used to hang there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast