Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

April 20th, 2004.

I knew he'd find me, it was only a matter of time. I can honestly say we're beyond the 'infatuation' word finally, and we've cemented certain things. I'm going to disregard everything Balthazar said to me tonight. I can't hate him. He was good to me and I was a bitch to him because I wanted Faustus to myself. Selfish, I know. But in the end he's just as selfish as I am. We both want the same thing. But as it is, we have an unspoken love that can't breathe, and tonight we said it. Then we went and ripped so many bodies apart to alleviate the frustration we both had directed towards one another. Now I can only hope that Jacob's quiet tonight.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The vintage off-white sleeping gown with cutoff sleeves waded like seafoam around her ankles; the sun threatening to peer through the window lapped by opaque black blinds. Her Manhattan apartment was small and cramped. Truth be told, she held a bold preference to the home lingering on the countryside of Germany, that she only stayed at for a whole two weeks, even after they bought new linen. Boxes still littered the floor, the stained walls bare, she had nothing but a couch, a record player and a television set. It was all she needed to survive. In her room was the mattress that bruised the floor in plum, disheveled sheets and a trunk where she stashed her neatly-folded best-kept secrets.

She was like a ghost, her bare shoulder skimming the wall, footsteps mute like a skittish mouse at midnight. She'd been awake all day, afraid to sleep, afraid of what twisted prophecies her dreams would bring. Nailing herself to her haunches right before the couch, she tested to see if he was awake, fingertips snow-flurrying alongside the interior dip of his wrist, hydroplaning alongside and imaginary pulse. He didn't respond. Luz took it upon herself to crawl onto the couch, slinking into the corner grooves before slipping deftly beneath him, her nightgown-drenched legs lining either side of his prone corpse, puppet-maneuvering his shoulders so his skull could loll against her stomach.

A glass touch shivered through his hair, matted down by the hat he always sported, fingertips doting on the pale architecture of a high-mounted cheekbone, her lashes crumbling low as she loomed on her sleeping elder.

Her mouth moved, but the words never exited, because she knew the volume would wake him. She'd been nothing but gentle when it came to manipulating slumber-lax bones. Line after line she told him her little tales; what her first day back in America was like, her battle with the roaches that infilitrated the cracks in the walls, the group of young bachleors that she found taking advantage of an inebriated, oblivious young girl, and the brutal lesson she taught him.

See, these were the things she did when he was never awake.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My lips pursed into a seedy smirk. I watched with a cigarette hanging out of my mouth from the top of my rusted fire escape, legs dangling. The homeless man was ranting in the alley now, the smoke unfurling from his trashcan bonfire despite the fact it must've been seventy degrees out tonight. He was insane, and he'd seen what I did to his friends.

"So, call the cops," I said, quirking a brow. (He'd been at this for hours, now, and I found myself genuinely sadistically enthuisiastic about human behavior.)

"No, no, you evil..you evil.." He kept shaking his head, pacing around, peering down at his friend's mangled body, his haggard dog yipping furiously at every move I made.

This was so amusing.

"Well, do something about it then."

"You're going to hell."

For some reason this pissed me off and I finally flicked my cigarette, and made sure the aim was correct and dwindled down to rot in his nappy, gnarled hair.

<font color="#060101" size="1">[ June 09, 2004 02:10 PM: Message edited by: electroshock ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

He waited for her, his arms locked at the hilt of his spine like a gentleman's corpse. The grandfather clock struck four, his angular jawline grated, his head burning like London bridge. Then, he heard the telltale creaks of the door hinges, and he snapped his stare from his bedroom to peer at her rustling down the swarthy hall to reach her own.

"Luz."

She stopped short, bracing a palm over her chest, as though she had an actual heartbeat that would stop ticking. She found herself mimicking the mortals so much.

"Christ, Sid. I saw you out there tonight. What were you doing?"

His lashes lapped low, his index finger dragging over his antique dresser, tracing an invisible name as a cold smile zippered across his pillow-plump, blue lips.

"Watching you and Faustus have your petty arguments in the streets."

Suspicion crept over her features like a ghastly haunt, her mouth was stained raw from smeared lipstick, her mascara racoon-speckled beneath her watercolor eyes. Something accusatory daggered her tone, her gaze slashing with content.

"How do you know his name?"

"I have read your diary, you spill your guts about him over pages and pages like a giddy little girl." He snickered, his chin sailing at a defiant rise, breezing over the fact that she looked as though she were ready to impale his chest with her nails. "I find it hilarious that you're in love with the devil's backbone."

He coasted over to the threshold of his doorway, and extended a hand to slope over her jaw, laughing at how she batted it away.

"Now, morning is drawing near. Good morning."

He shut the door, and listened to the sound of her stalk into her room, and throw her purse down. Laughing at her behavior (oh, she was so childish and naive) he crawled onto his mattress, and spreadsheet his hands over the wall plaster, and listened to her tangled thoughts. She didn't fall asleep for hours, because she was busy churning over her only love by the windowsill, until the sun started to threaten the horizon.

Sidney knew she was looking for him. He could feel Faustus' pulse stirring close in the city of dead angel feathers; obsessive, sick, and watching over her.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12