<center>
Henri Thatcher

Henri1</center>

Hours in the cemetery passed like days, what with no one to talk to. People came in and out all the time during the day, of course, visiting graves with flowers, tears, and kind words. Henri preferred to sleep during the day, however, and wake at night to roam about the streets and soft dewy grass. He loved the smell of the night - always had, even when he was a little boy. The late fall Jasmine was still in bloom, and the past night's rain had left a glorious scent on the air. Though lonely, Henri never left The Spring Falls Cemetery. Why? He didn't know. To him, it was still the fall of 1689, and he had no comprehension of the fact that he was actually, you know, dead. Night after night he waited for his American lover to come to him, as she had for so long. Married to a horrid man [though the poeple of the town all seemed to think he was a glorious family man who worked hard for country and God], Elizabeth Cornwallis seemed fall in love with the wandering English poet the moment she laid eyes upon him. Traveling to the New World in seach of adventure, freedom and love [not to mention to escape his sentencing for various small crimes committed in his homeland] he strolled on foot through the Americas, until one day he passed through Spring Falls. Seemingly nothing special to keep him there, many wandered why he chose to settle down. Until the day that Bill Cornwallis burst into the Mayor's Office, covered in blood and sobbing, screaming about his wife being murdered by her British lover, who then killed himself.

And the people of Spring Falls? Why, they all believed him, of course. Why wouldn't they?

<center>HenriElizabeth

It will not be long love
Till our wedding day
She stepped away from me
And she moved through the fair
And fondly I watched her
Move here and move there
And she went her way homeward
With one star awake
As the swans in the evening
Move over the lake
The people were saying
No two e'er were wed
But one has a sorrow
That never has a sorrow
That never was said
And she smiled as she passed me
With her goods and her gear
And that was the last
That I saw of my dear
</center>

<font color="#000000"><font size="1">[ November 03, 2005 08:47 PM: Message edited by: inner universe ]</font></font>

<font color="#000000" size="1">[ December 01, 2005 09:00 PM: Message edited by: inner universe ]</font>