Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<center>Snow White by miss mosh</center>

<font size="2">
    She was a whirlwind of magic and mystery, her world filled with things that most people couldn't understand, and was the type of woman to keep it all a secret because she believed that one should never tell more than was necessary. 'Do what thou will, but harm none' was her motto and it was something that she firmly lived by regardless of the circumstances. She didn't believe in the selfish act of revenge, but whole-heartedly believed that whatever you sent out, returned threefold. In other words, karma.

She was half of a whole, a twin. The moon skinned twins, people often called them. The moon was their source of life, of power, of magic. They felt more alive when the moon was shining it's heavenly glow down on them, and their pale skin and equally pale hair was evidence that yes, the moon was a major part of their life. But as with everything else, how it was a part of their life would remain a secret.

While the girls had several things in common, personality wise, Dahlia was the complete opposite of her twin; instead of being cheery and bouncy, she was calm and collected. Anger was not something she felt often and it was extremely hard to get her temperature boiling. Unlike her sister, who was into cute and girly things, Dahlia focused more on the psychological part of life. Her interests lay in people, in their reactions, facial expressions, and body language. She loved learning what made people tick, what set them off, their habits and flaws, etc. She was a people watcher and constantly stared with shameless, blue-eyed fascination.

All in all, she was a nice girl who liked everyone equally until they gave her a reason not to. Unfortunately, most people didn't feel the same way about her. They labeled her strange, an outcast (which was true. She and her sister were definitely not like everyone else), and the fact that she wasn't conventionally beautiful didn't help matters at all. Still, she found no reason to be a bitch (like most women these days had taken to being) and found something special in every single person she met.

After all, she lived in a fantasy world come to life, and who had time to be hateful while living that kind of lifestyle?</font>

<font color="#ffffff" size="1">[ September 11, 2008 02:49 AM: Message edited by: ticking time bombs ]</font>

HB Forum Owner character delight's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<font size="2">
    The moon was full and high in the sky, spilling it's light down on the ground, keeping the world from slipping into total darkness-- total oblivion. There was no sound other than the gentle breeze rustling the trees and the occasional hoot of an owl perched somewhere nearby. It was warm out, and flowers all around were in the process of blooming and the grass was becoming greener every day. The air just smelled of approaching summer and the wind whispered promises that only earth could make, and Dahlia was taking it all in.

She was located deep within the forest, surrounded by trees and dirt and and rocks. She'd found the only clearing there was, a spacious part of the forest where she could do what she needed to do. There was a small pond not too far ahead of her, and just looking at the way the moon's light lit up the water had shivers laddering up her pale flesh. With each movement, no matter how small, the water seemed to glitter and sparkle and it was breathtaking. She was already stripping out of the silks that had wrapped around her body and stepping slowly towards the pond, and before long, she was diving in gracefully.

The moon-powered water seemed to cling to her naked body, and she felt the energy burst inside of her. She felt so alive, so aware of the earth and everything in it. She stood so that the water lapped viciously around her waist, arms held open and head fallen back, eyelids closed. The light was shining down on her own body now, highlighting it and causing it to glow.

Little balls of light seemed to gather at her fingertips as the power grew stronger, and she knew she was completely filled again.

She only felt entirely filled one day out of the month, and it was the best feeling in the world.</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

entry #1

<font size="2">We've finally got everything settled in. We're done unpacking and fixing up the house the way we like it. I like the town. There's a lot of strange people here and Tatiana and I blend in perfectly.

In fact, I think it's safe to say, that we are the normal ones around here. (I could be exaggerating.)

All we have to do now is get the shop up and running. I'm extremely excited about it. We're going to have all sorts of things set up. We're going to sell candles, incense, potions, books, pets (Tatiana's chalk pets, I mean), remedies, ingredients, supplies .. and the list goes on and on! We need to think of an eye catching name because we definitely want customers, but I'm sure we will figure that out much, much later.

We've made some friends. It was quite surprising to me considering we've never had friends before. But people are more accepting here. Even if they weren't, it wouldn't bother me much. I can handle it. It's Tatiana I would worry about. She doesn't seem to understand when people make fun of her, and it makes me sad.

Speaking of Tatiana ... I'm worried about her. Her memory loss is getting worse and worse, as well as her mental state. Whoever put this curse on her made it so that it grew gradually, and I'm running out of theories. I don't know how to stop it, and I don't know why it was put on her.

I think she realizes that something is up with me, because sometimes I'll catch her giving me her look .. but I'll never tell her of my suspicions. She'd probably just tell me I'm being paranoid and forget about it a moment later.

Well, it's late, and I need to get some sleep. I'll be writing in here pretty frequently, probably, so I can look back if I need to note any important details.

Until then,
    Dahlia, the moonskinned child.</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<center>mosh</center>

<font size="2">She hadn?t seen her sister since the day before, yet it was part of the plan. Part of a plan that Dahlia both feared and respected, and she knew it was the only thing she could do. She was traveling through the woods, barefoot and wearing nothing but a silk dress, loose and fluttering around her otherwise naked body. Her skin seemed to glow in the dark night, the moon?s shine only highlighting the radiant paleness of her skin.

She once again found the small opening of field, the moon?s light shining down on the ground, as well as the pond. The same glittering, sparkling pond that she often dipped into to worship Selene, the moon goddess. She stumbled to it, falling to her knees just as she reached the edge of the pond. Her upper body leaned forward so that her breasts and stomach were touching the tops of her thighs and knees. Eyes closed, and she took a few deep breaths.

?Selene, o? fair one. Goddess of the moon, and it?s radiant light. I come here, offering a sacrifice, if you will but merely give me answers. Answers to something that is of utmost importance!? She felt hot tears trickling down her face, tears that were somewhat different from the average human. They had a slight silvery tint to it, sparkling and glittering just as the pond in front of her did. Her white blonde hair was leaking it?s paleness into the pond, oozing it?s way into the water and tinting it with a strange, white mass. This was how she called to Selene. There was a certain magic to her hair, that unleashed itself when in need, into the pond to summon the goddess. It was what left her hair dry and fragile, and it was why she cared for her hair so much. ?My sister is in trouble. Her mind is deteriorating, o? grand one. All I ask, is for answers. What do I do? What is wrong? As I said, I bring sacrifice..? She muttered, lifting up stiffly, though still on her knees.

Hands moved to her upper arm, reaching for the knife that was strapped there, and she ripped it away from the leather strap that bound it, flicking it open with a simple motion of her thumb.
    ?I give you, Selene, my blood, in exchange for knowledge on my twin. My other half; she who shares my blood. T?is all I can give, what is most important to me. I shall spill a river into this pond, and fill it with all my knowledge, my life, my love.?

And in one quick motion, she was sliding the knife up her arms, lifting her skirts to slice at the tender flesh there, as well. Soon enough, she was standing, blood dripping from all limbs, coating her pale skin with the sticky bittersweet hue of red. She stepped forward, dipping her body into the pond. She felt no pain, felt no discomfort. She felt cleansed.

She threw her head back, arms wide, light seeming to radiate all over. The pond seemed to be drinking in her blood, lapping viciously at her thighs, even reaching high enough to get her arms, washing it away in the sparkling water. It was only moments later when she began to feel weak. She fell backwards into the water, her whole body going under for two whole minutes.
    The water pushed her onto the shore, where she stayed for the next twelve hours, bleeding and dirty, yet filled with some knowledge she hadn?t had before.

And, in exchange for knowledge, she had sacrificed her own blood. And she mustn?t bathe properly, eat, drink anything but water and herbal substances, or sleep for twenty four hours after this.

She `came to` within the following hours, realizing that it was all worth it.</font>

<font color="#ffffff" size="1">[ September 11, 2008 02:50 AM: Message edited by: ticking time bombs ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

entry #2

<font size="2">I can finally eat, drink, bathe, and sleep. I just wanted to write something down before I start doing these things.

The night before last, while I laid bleeding in the soil of the earth, Selene came to visit me.
    She had answered my questions, but not all of them. They were riddling. Something I need to figure out.

She'd come on her chariot, a brilliant bright light surrounding her and her two white horses so thoroughly that it was like a second sun, right there in the forest.

I couldn't stare at her for too long, because I would have gone blind.

"Dahlia," she had said to me. "He who fears the magic of the White Witches also fears himself. A clock is ticking and the sense of time is gaining speed. Not all is as it seems. Look closer, look closer. The answer has been right under your nose the whole time."

I had thought this was all she was going to tell me, and I had tried to speak; my mouth seemed glued shut, and I was too weak to do so anyway. But to my surprise, she began speaking again.
    Her voice seemed close, as if she were hovering over me. Maybe she was, because I could see the light through my eyelids by that time.

"To unlock the secrets, one must travel to the corner of their being, their existence. One must find the beginning, the start, by tricking the laws of time itself. All is locked within the heart of the pure, of the innocent. Go there, find the small corner of evil brewing, and you shall find your answer."
    And just like, she was gone.

I'm clearly puzzled, but I feel like I'm getting somewhere. There are two people I have found myself wanting to confide in.

The first one is Delphine. She is into voodoo, and protection. If anyone could understand, I think it would be her. I just might fill her in, when we have "girl time."

The second being Lazarus. He has this air about him that makes me want to reveal my secrets, my life story, my fears. He's trustworthy (in my eyes, at least) and I find myself almost answering his questions completely. The only reason I don't is because someone usually interrupts, and I'm picky about who hears what.

Eventually, I will have to tell Tatiana. I will once the time is right, but it is not so right now.
    She's doing fine, I believe, for now. She's making friends and I think I can keep her busy with the shop while I figure this out.

PS; My wounds hurt, and are still bleeding. I change the bandages nearly twice a day now, but even so ... it was worth it. Anything for my sister.

The Moon skinned Twin.</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

entry #3

<font size="2">I've never been so angry in my life! Tatiana is acting as if I had done something horrible to her.

It isn't like I've stolen her candy, or worse, killed her precious chalk animals.

I've mutilated myself for her, sacrificed my blood for her, and this is how she repays me? I know I haven't told her anything, and she doesn't know that I've done all this, but she should trust me enough to accept that I can't tell her yet.

That I will within time. Where is this trust? Where is it? WHERE IS ---

I need to calm down. I never get this worked up.

But really, when have I ever let her down? When have I ever disappointed her? When have I ever so much as put her in harm's way?

She should trust me. She should understand that there is an important reason that I'm not telling her. I'd do it for her. I would understand.

Goodbye.

PS; I've written a poem. Excuse the morbid feel of it.

<center>I see myself, staring at myself,
    but really, it is you.
    You, who has a heart purer than mine,
    who sees things much more
    innocently than I.
    Do you feel what I feel?
    Can you see what I see?
    Two hearts, one face, you and I.
    The darkness is dripping
    onto myself now, and I am darker than
    you for once. It's terrifying, it's frightening.
    I'm struggling to keep us together,
    to keep our face as one.
    But I see myself pulling at myself,
    and slowly, we become two.</center>

(Yes, I wrote this poem. Do not steal. Thanks.)

Dahlia closed her journal, and sighed heavily, fingers rubbing at her temples. She winced, because her arms were still sore, though she did good to hide that in public.

She felt tons better now, and even felt less angry now that she had gotten all of that off of her chest. Now she had to figure out a way to smooth things over with her sister. At least enough to where they could be in the same room. She tapped at her chin, ripped a piece of paper out from her journal, and began to write...

<center>Alone together, above the crowd.
    Beyond the world, we're not too proud
    to cling together.
    We're strong as long as we're together.
    Alone together, the blinding rain.
    The starless night was not in vain.
    For we're together,
    and what is there to fear together?
    - Rufus Wainwright.</center>

She couldn't have said it better herself. The paper was folded, and she moved to her sister's room, gently placing it on her pillow before she headed off into the moonless night, going only the goddess knew where.</font>

<font color="#ffffff" size="1">[ May 25, 2008 04:53 AM: Message edited by: ticking time bombs ]</font>