- Press play -

Back in black, I hit the sack,
I've been too long, I'm glad to be back
Yes I'm let loose from the noose,
That's kept me hangin' about
I been livin like a star 'cause it's gettin' me high,
Forget the hearse, 'cause I never die
I got nine lives, cat's eyes
abusing every one of them and running wild .....

Putting things in perspective. Was it THAT simple? After 95 years on this ever evolving planet, it took a few chat sessions in the Red Light District no less to reboot my outlook on things. Granted, I'm not taking what I've learned, discovered, and/or encountered with a grain of salt. Far from it. It was one Hell of a ride until several months ago, when a chance encounter started my own personal domino effect.

'Cause I'm back! Yes, I'm back!
Well, I'm back! Yes, I'm back!
Well, I'm baaack, baaack...
Well, I'm back in black,
Yes, I'm back in black!

Can Immortals have an identity crisis? Hell, for the past few months, I had my own freaking soap opera going on, trying to be everyone's friend, and over all good guy. That's going against the grain, that brought me nothing but a ton of grief. Live and learn, right? damn if Nova didn't have a point after all. Hmmph. Go figure. A woman was right. But NEVER tell them that they were.

Back in a band, I got Cadillac,
Number one with a bullet, I'm a power pack
Yes I'm in a band with a gang,
they gotta catch me if they want me to hang
'Cause I'm back on the track and I'm beatin' the flack,
Nobody's gonna get me on another rap
So look at me now, I'm just a makin' my pay,
Don't try to push your luck, just get outta my way ...

I was raised on the streets of New York, a product of the great Depression. every be mindin' your own, only to see a man fall out of the sky and cover the streets with a bright crimson?

Wicked.

'Cause I'm back! Yes, I'm back!
Well, I'm back! Yeah, I'm back!
Well, I'm back in black,
Yes, I'm back in black!
Let's go!

That era taught you how to endure, do without, handle tough times, knowing that even the high and mighty upper class could be brought down. It was all about survival then.

Nothing's changed.

- Guitar Solo -

Seeing Church just set everything back where it needs to be. It is what it is, Z would say. I'm Brehnic Alexander Kohnar the Third, and I'm an Immortal. Those inside my inner circle are few, and I'm one selfish son of a bitch. Have to be. The rest of it? It's just sub titles for the masses.

Well, I'm back in black,
Yes, I'm back in black-OW!!!

Something is going on out there, it's in the air. I'm not going to ignore those signs, just going to be taking care of business and be more self aware. Which brings me to one Niklas Wright. Shamair wants her, which in my line of work means the girl has some potential value. I recall the steps the *Good Doctor* took to get me away from Jere, and the vanishing act she pulled when I was no longer ... Special.

Aww yeah! Let's go!
Keep on goin'! Yeah yeah!
Yeah... aww yeah yeah!
Here we go!

- Pause -

I felt a presence as my hand slipped inside my trench pocket, fingers curling around a specially modified firearm, my head tilting off to the side slightly, before relaxing my grip. "Hey Serenity. What's up?" Woman had the grace of a cat, if not for me sensing her, I would not have even heard her approach. She knelt down beside me on the roof of the hotel, watching the swirling forms below us before settling those baby blues onto
me ...

" It's about that time. You ready? "

That small trademark smirk found it's way back on my face, I'd motion to the IPod. She's flash her own Cheshire like grin in return. "Oh yeah, you're ready. What's the song of the moment?" Leaning closer. " Mmmm, Back In Black? Nice choice, hun. Let's do it."

- Play -

Well, I'm baaack... (I'm back!)
Baaack... (Well, I'm back!)
Baaack... (I'm back!)
Baaack... (I'm back!)
Baaack... (I'm back!)
Baaack...
Yes, back in black,
Yes, I'm back in black...

Outta sight!

[Instrumental Conclusion]