Thread: And behind door number three ...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

He had nearly forgotten how precise Serenity could be when it came down to the most minor details, when it pertained to a planned heist. It was why they worked so well as a tandem in the past, both covered any weaknesses of the other. Dressed in her? Catherine Zeta-Jones *Entrapment* leather outfit, she was bent over at the waist, making last minute measurements of mansion estate grounds.

Off to the side sat one Brehnic Alexander Kohnar the Third, enjoying that view ....? "They change the access code every month, so that'll give us at least a two day window, since this month falls on thirty one days.... Brehnic? Are you EVEN listening to me???" A less than amused stare given ... The one that has the imaginary daggers coming from the eyes, as she looked from over her shoulder ...

"Oh, you have my FULL attention, luv."

A less than casual glance down into his lap, cause a small grin to tug at the corners of her slightly painted lips. "Not your FULL attention." Any other time, she'd be reaching for her sword and they'd go a few rounds, but Serenity was seeing positive signs that her age old associate was finally coming out of whatever funk he had been immersed in the past few months.

"I don't usually go after places like this Brehn, BUT I think it would be good therapy for you. Shake off some of that rust you've accumulated. Been playing too much Immortal, and not enough Master Thief. " Turning to face him now, with her bum firmly planted against the edge of the table to support her lean, with her legs crossed at the ankles.

"So it's just the two of us, eh?" Pulling back his multitude of dreadlocks to form a ponytail, before securing them. His focus now on the potential job at hand.

"Mmmmhmmm. Z's busy bonding with the pre-immie, so that alone should keep him out of any serious trouble. As for CT? Well, you know him. Besides, it's been awhile since we've done anything illegal ... With our clothes on. -Sighs- I miss the old days, you know? This world has become too damned high tech, which makes people like us even more cautious, all that CSI crap, and DNA testing."

Pushing himself up away from the chair, Brehnic joined Serenity at the table, looking over the blue prints, and randomly scattered notes. "Why do you always show your serious side only to me?"

A slight nudge of her shoulder into his, with a small but knowing smile. "Because you're like a brother to me?"

- Cough!! Cough!! - "Okay, that is SO wrong, because that would make what we did twenty five years ago ..."

"Incredibly kinky? Listen. There's something else I need to tell you ..." Serenity did not have a chance to finish her comment, before the pair simultaneously sensed a presence at the door. While Brehnic assumed it was Z, Serenity turned to him, placing her hands onto his shoulders. "Do you trust me Brehn?"

Now Brehnic was giving her that *look*... Measuring her gaze carefully, before slowly nodding. "Good. Hold that thought, okay?" Leaning in closer, she'd lick the corner of his mouth before turning to answer the door. The feeling that went through him when he had been shot by Dev paled in comparison to what he was feeling now, as he stared at the man who stood in the doorway grinning at him .....

"Hullo, nugget. Miss me?"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Biggie Z, better known to Niklas as ODB, was considered by select few that knew him as a serious polar opposite of one Brehnic Kohnar. The man always seemed to have a smile glued on his face, and did not appear to have a negative bone in his large body. That being said, he sought to find a suitable place to eat for Niklas and himself, one that did not have the erotic eye candy near naked women dancing about.

After placing their order, Z leaned back into his chair, smiling before pointing an index finger directly at the young pre -immie. "So, I bet this is a weird change of pace from the normal 9 to 5 grind, huh?" Dressed in a black silk designer shirt, matching baggy trousers, and soft sole shoes, and a trench coat. It was nothing that made him stand out too much, especially when he was already 6' 5, 278 lbs.

Z just made it all look, well ... Trendy.

Niks on the other hand made it look touristy/student trippy. She wouldn't have minded the naked women as such, but a leering former/current boss did sort of make the atmosphere a little uncomfortable. Z didn't make her uncomfortable. Neither did Jere - then again, she didn't get the "I've got a big secret" vibe from either man. She smacked his shoulder soundly.

"What's the big idea? Didn't even tell me? Did the big kahuna order you to keep quiet or something? And the gig in Vegas was one of my few 9 to 5 type jobbies."

"It was my idea, actually." A shrug of his shoulders. "It is what it is, you know? Tre's been burned before by doin' the trust thing, so being who we are? Gotta be sure. I raise my hand, cuz, I'm sure." Raises his hand, then shaking his head as the waiter returned, assuming he wanted something. Z would grin, after the waiter left once again. "You know, you're in uncharted waters right now, midget? Never met a pre-im before. Sorta
    cool. "

"So you met him post..ya know? And, uncharted waters? I don't think so. I'm sure there have been others before me. Probably not running with a pack, but there have been others before me, like me. So, yeah. I donno. And who you calling midget? I am not a midget. I am average more or less." Niks shifted a little, having given the waiter a quick smile. "Why are we here exactly? Why the red light district? Is he an overall perv?"

"Slow down, and hear what I'm sayin' midget. It's not the normal to tell a pre-immie about what they are. We pretty much discover it after the fact ... Or death if you will. Hell, if that would have happened to me? " Z stops, thinking for a few moments; "I'm not sure it would have helped me in my situation ... Back then. As for the RLD? It is what it is. You have to understand, Nikki. What you see for the first time? Most of us have seen for years, what it was before it became all this ...

" Motioning with his arms, before once again waving off the slightly annoyed waiter. "Mmm. Better tip him well, huh? Lot of these places carry history, that a lot of you modern folk have no clue about. Sure, any one can read about history. It's another thing to have lived it. " Z would stop right then, making a face. "Damn, I rambled. I don't do that. " Laughing. "Tre a perve? Nah. Weird? Yup. Out there? Yah huh. Perve? Nah."

"Rambling's catching." The pre-immie as they were wont to call her smiled at him before nudging him with her foot. "And I don't mind. Glad to have someone else talk and answer questions. So, wanna tell me about your..
    situation? Might help a little. And, he is slightly of the off center, Z. Which could be perv or something else." Niks shrugged slightly. She looked around then looked at him, eyes narrowing.

"Okay, uhm, this is going to sound weird, I know. But, will you take me to one of these places? I know they have sex clubs in France, and sex shows in Bang Kok." Niks' smile pulled a little; she might have been adult, but everyone had their little giggle word. "I want to see one, and might as well while I'm young."

Z grinned at her last comment about being young. Hearing it from a mortal? It made him smile. They did have a shorter life span, which if one factored in accidental deaths? Violent death? They were lucky if they died of natural causes, and/or old age. "Yeah, I can take you to several. They cater to dif taste here, so just going to one won't do you any good. If you want to know about the really good ones? I'll intro you to Serenity ... "

The food have finally arrived, which brought a wide grin from the immortal, as he dove right on in. "My situation? Wanna narrow that down for me?"

"The one that got you...well, as you are." Niks really didn't want to say "so, how'd you die, anyway?". She tucked into her own food, rather happy with it. She was just as happy that she was eating somewhere she didn't' have to worry about getting a sight or two while she was eating.

Honestly, she might want to see a show or two, or have ...well, Niks wasn't up for having any experiences, but she was curious about it all just the same. She peeked over at him, brow raised. "Just like that you'll take a girl, a young, easy-influenced, innocent girl to anything just at the drop of a hat? Or at the drop of her asking?"

"Hmmm ... It was around ... 1869 ... Death by hanging. Lynch mob." Spoken matter of factly. "As for your second question? Hey, if this is gonna be your first time, then I take pride in being your first. -cough- To show you around I mean. Innocent? That's a bonus." Grinning while taking another bite.

Niks' brow lifted slightly. "It's a bonus? Really? I always thought of it more as a hindrance. Then again, some people might actually think I'm something of a prude. Of course, I could certainly be wrong on that count." She took a few more bites, smiling at him. She gave him a soft kick again under the table before shaking a finger. "You just...lynch mob? Why? Just because?" Her head tilted slightly as she watched him.

"You good with your history? Civil war fallout. And yeah. Just because." Another mouthful taken. "A prude? You? Never crossed my mind. But if you keep kicking me, I'm gonna think you're tryin' to flirt or something." Giving Niklas a devious smirk.

"Well, it would really depend on your location in 1869, wouldn't it? I expected you to be someone of the more island nature, say Hawaii, or Australia, or New Zealand. Or even Alaska depending. Yes, I know that's racial stereo- typing. But you give a time...I sound like a complete ass, mm?" Her head ducked down a little as she nudged the food around, or what was left of it.

"I have a book smart lady over here!!! My location? Wrong place, wrong time. Can't get any more simple than that." He'd chuckle, before reaching for his glass. "Anything else?"

"I think that covers it for now. And flirting with you? Yes, I'm flirting with you, big guy. I'm flirting because it's the safest thing for me to do right now - mainly because I can't see you taking me up on any of it." Niks was certainly blushing ever so slightly, but that didn't mean much. She did blush easily sometimes. "Am I right or wrong?"

"I didn't bring my magic 8 ball to ask." Smiles. "I might flirt back. It is the 21 century, you know. So, what convinced you to leave the states and come with Tre here? This isn't the surreal life, or nuthin'. "

"Flirting back might make me hide!" Niks smiled brightly at him, cheeks glowing slightly. Actually, this was something just as relaxing as sitting in a library. A possible friend was a good thing. "What made me come along for Mr. Brehn's Wild Ride? I suppose it was just sticking with the crazy I sorta knew rather than the crazy that knew way too much about me and not the other way around. Meeting people who know more than I do about myself...it's fucked up ... very fucked up."

Finally she pushed the plate away, finished for the most part. "I guess I'm hoping this way I really will know more about myself. Other words? I've no idea what I'm doin' just makin' it up as I go long."

"Been there, Nikki. Gotta be real tho'. It's cool to be able to chat up with a mortal, even if you're a semi one. As for Tre, don't write him off just yet. My *little brother* has had it rough, and not everyone handles these ... Situations all well and good. " Finished with his food, Z downs his drink, before looking over at the waiter this time before motioning
    him over, to ask for the check.

"Remind me one day to tell you my meetings with MLK, and Malcolm X. Those two changed how I looked at life in general. So." Clapping his hands together; "How about we walk off this food, and find you some grade A adult entertainment?" Waggling both eyebrows. "

"MLK? And Malcolm X? And little brother? See, you can't just throw things out like that. More the little brother stuff. The other, well, I would think someone like you might have met them. You, Jere....not so sure about that Dev guy. Brehn's really not old...is he old enough? Well, he might be." Niks was quickly trying to throw dates together. "But, you're older than Brehn? Yet, you take orders from him? Exactly how does all this work anyway?"

She pulled her jacket tighter before heading toward the door, waiting only long enough for him to cover the check. "And we don't have to do the adult entertainment tonight. Who's Serenity?" Niks, ever one to remember to ask about some topic or other that had already left the conversation so many minutes ago.

"Tre? He's like 98 .... in mortal years. Take orders?" Laughing as he rose from the chair. "Nah, that's one of the angles we play. Renity? Well, you'll meet her soon enough. " the check was paid, a generous tip left, and a happy waiter. Z held the door open for Niklas, stepping outside seconds later. "As for the A. E. , my time is limited, so ... Not all of us have free time." Shooting Niklas a look, before heading down the street.

"98. Yes, suppose he might have met a few people. And working angles? Why so? Plus, if he's the one deciding who gets to play the reindeer games, wouldn't he be sorta the type who's in charge, giving orders?" She followed quickly behind/beside him. His longer legs eating up a little more ground than her slightly shorter ones.

"And what do you do when you don't have free time? What exactly do you think I'll be doing when I don't have free time? Need to find some way to make a little money I suppose."

Z would just smile, instead of answering her last few questions. "I don't know if you're overly curious, or just trying to pump me for information. You a spy?" Stopping in mid stride, using his full height to tower over Niklas while looking down at her with a now serious expression, arms folded across his chest.

Niks came to a full stop, almost running into him. Her hands still in her pockets as she looked up at him. Her eyes narrowed slightly as he tried to do his oh so serious moment. Her lips thinned; she was not going to be intimidated by the man who could easily break her in two. But soon her lips twisted into a smile, one of her more winning ones possibly. "Just call me Mata Hari."

"I'll save that name for your ... Next life. Hari Wright."Walking once again, Z would continue ...
    "See Nikki, you're not going to always get answers to your questions, so get used to that right now. Mortals these days are not very free with their personal info, so don't expect any less from us. It is what it is. Some folks get a little wary if you ask too many questions now and days." The smile returned, along with a nod.

"If you ask often enough, if you look hard enough, eventually you do get the information you're after. The main bit is finding when and where to ask. Who, what, and all that. This is what I do, Z. I should have been a P. I or something. Sitting in the car taking pictures of clandestine meetings between idiots and someone else's' wives. Or husbands. You know. Or solving crimes. You might call me Mickey or Sam in my next
    life. Nik Spade? Nik Hammer?"

She laughed softly, shaking her head. "You know if I were the more suspicious type, you would actually just be keeping my occupied while everyone else was having fun. Babysitting the kid and all that."

"Hey, if you want to go back and sit with the brooding one, by all means, have at it. Me? I'm enjoying the free time. And if I wanted to keep you ... Occupied, you would have never had the chance to voice that question. " Nodding back at her.

Her brows certainly shot up at that one. "You would have kept me so occupied I wouldn't have had time to even question whether or not you were occupying me? Which really is an odd thing to think about. So, what would you like to do during your limited free time? And, yeah, broody pants is a little much to put up with, right now eh?"

"What I'm doing right now. Walking the streets, and taking in the sights." Z suddenly glanced about, his eyes narrowing, before stopping again, as they were approached through the swirling mass by a woman dressed in form fitting leather, dark brown hair that just reached the tops of her shoulders, and walk that said she was not one to be messed with.

Upon seeing the two, a smile appeared on her face, a hand coming out from her trench pocket, extended towards Niklas. "And this must be Niklas Wright. The honor is mine, little sister." Z just shook his head ... "Nikki, this is Serenity." Serenity's smile remained, while crystal blue eyes seemed to shimmer as they looked the girl over. "Love the look, especially the shoes. Those come in purple?"

Niks blinked at the woman, not at all expecting to meet the woman that soon. Well, she actually had expected to meet the woman, but..."Uhm...they might? I'm not sure really. Just a pair of tennies." She looked from the woman to Z then back again, taking the woman's hand. "Eventually I guess I'll get used to people knowing who I am before I know who they are. Nice to meet you. Z said we'd meet you eventually." Niks smiled a little more before pulling her hand away to stuff in her jacket pocket.

Smiling at Niklas, Serenity's gaze would return to Z. "I like the color purple. Something about it. And purple shoes ... It's so naughty. " Z covered his mouth with his hand, coughing. Serenity would lean in close to Z, whispering something into his ear, then stepped back. "Three's a crowd, so I'm off to find something ... Or someone to .... Amuse myself. Nice meeting you Niklas, and I'm looking forward to exchanging some girl chat with you ... "

Giving Niklas a wink, Serenity was gone as quickly as she arrived, leaving Z still shaking his head. "Well, that went off pretty well. It usually takes Renity about 10 seconds to figure out if she's going to like a person or not."

"Well, purple shoes?" Niks watched Serenity walk away, realizing there was no way she was ever going to fit into this lot. Her head tilted slightly as she watched a little longer before looking back at Z. How should this work out anyway? "I didn't know purple shoes were naughty? I mean it would slightly depend on the shoes wouldn't it? They have these shoes that are ballerina but with heels. That could be rather naughty in the whole with or without the whole purple issue. And, does she like me then?"

Z would merely give Niklas another look, and just ... Smile.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I motion to Blaze to go stretch those long legs of hers for a bit, while me and the nugget have a lil chat, mano e mano. The boy's cage is rattle and rightfully so, because I was the last person he expected to see. What was that American expression? When you least expect it? " Word on th' street is that you've been quite the busy lad. Yer business is yer own, nugget. But yer gettin' sloppy, an' that's going to get that fat head of yours lopped right bloody off."

While Kohnar thinks of an explanation, I busy myself at the mini bar, going through a various but quaint selection until I spot something that will take the edge off. No glass needed, because Intended to finish the entire bottle by the time things were said and done.

With bottle firmly in hand, I plop down on the sofa, twist off the cap, toss it aside, tilt of the head, and let it rip. He's been quiet all this time. Good. Nice to know he hasn't taken complete lost of all his senses. "Alright nugget, let's do the do."

Brehnic had a small smirk on his face after the initial surprise wore off of seeing Church at the door. He knew it would be only a matter of time, but didn't expect him this soon. "Then I guess I better start from the beginning, huh? Remember that exhibit museum I was casing? The one that had the Swords Of Ra?"

With a semi interested look, I listened to Kohnar ramble about some Immortal bird he met there, Nova Giannini. Didn't ring a bell. The next name however did, only because I heard it in the news, and in the papers. He's one of us then? Huh. Bugger that. You be better keepin' up with your current global affairs, nugget." My throat was feeling a bit parched again, so that became first priority.

Brehnic squinted at Church, trying to figure out what the Hell he meant by that. Shaking it off, he continued his update of sorts by touching base with the gathering of various Immortals down in Morocco, where he had only made visual contact with a girl with purple hair. Only then because she had flashed him the peace sign with her hand in passing.

Purple hair? I shrug my shoulders at the time, because it rang nary a bell with me. At that particular time, mind you. However, it was the nugget's next Immortal encounter that me taking a pause for the cause. " Boy, you've been shot more times than I have in over one hundred years. Better keep that wit of yours in check, hmmm? Dev was it? Describe him."

One thing about Kohnar, the boy had a photograph memory for details. The bugger that was using him for target practice? Didn't know him, but it sounded like an older Immortal. That's another history lesson for another time. Then Kohnar made mention of the Pre-Immie.

"Shamair ... That's what Marisha's calling herself now. was in Vegas looking for me it seems. She learned that I was keeping an eye on Pre-Immie named Niklas Wright, and went on about being able to protect her, and help her reach her full potential. Jere stepped in right after that."

"Marisha? The Doctor? That the bird you shagged back in the 30's? The one with the nice jubblies?" I tossed Kohnar my bottle right then, the nugget had been very busy, and any Intel was good Intel. "And this wee lil robin's egg is with Z right now?"

"Yeah. Seems that she's having some... Trust issues with me right now." Taking a swig or three of the bottle before tossing it back.

Catching the bottle, I pause before finishing it off... "Speaking of Wulfsohng, where is Mr. Holier than thou?" If Kohnar sensed any sarcasm in my voice just then, it was well intended. Wulfsohng and I didn't get along. At all. Respect? Yes. Like. No. Two sides of the same coin. Bugger wants to preach peace and harmony. So did Darious, and look where it got him. Kohnar was a perfect product of his environment, and happy chief there goes and about tilts over the whole bloody apple cart.

"Still in Vegas, last I checked."

"Now there's irony for you. Him. In Las Vegas. Well then. Tell me everything you know about this wee lil robin's egg, nugget."