Bright lights and city nights ... Sin City at it's best.

Jere was to say in the least ... Impressed about Las Vegas. Granted he had been here on several occasions prior to this current venture, but it was usually business, in and out. However, since his former pupil's abrupt departure with Niklas Wright, he decided to allow nature to run it's course.

He could not watch over Alexander every waking hour, and with what he had recently been told by Methos, things were a little different now. Not to mention the surprise appearance of Shamair. Brehnic knew how to reach him if needed, so he would be content with that.

A vacation ... That's what this would be. He'd find some excuse to waste some money and possibly enjoy himself. There were actually several shows he wanted to see, and was narrowing those choices down when he felt that tingle at the base of his skull .... The swarming crowd offered him protection, while he continued on his way, now a little more alert.

It was barely dark in Sin City, the time of night when the City began to wake up from the glow of neon.? Methos was no different, just stepping out of the Belagio onto the Strip for a night of... whatever.? It might have been almost June in Nevada, but the desert nights were chilly.? Methos hardly looked like a tourist with his old Doc Martins, threadbare jeans, a black t-shirt with a screen printed name tag on the front proclaiming the "Hello, my name is Enigo Montoya..." spiel, and a black canvas trench.

He'd been in Vegas for weeks now, just walking the Strip, familiarizing himself with its little alleyways and off streets.? It was always beneficial to know your battleground better than your opponents... easier to lead them into a blind alleyways or that one street where a certain line of street lights were blown out.?

The Ancient took a right, and began to stroll through the crowded sidewalks with no particular destination in mind.? But then that wonderfully terrible shiver crawled up his spine to lodge at the base of his skull, the Feel of another Immortal, and Methos started to hone in on that Presence.?

There were plenty of ... Interesting musical acts that came down to showcase their talents here in Vegas, most Jere had never heard of. That was where he would start. There wasn't any dire concern to weed out who the other immortal might be, as long as he did not draw any attention to himself, he would continue to blend right in.

Be as it may, there were many that were wearing long coats and jackets of variant lengths which assisted in the finding a needle in a hay stack scenario. Saved for his shaved head, Jere looked the part of any other visiting tourist, even allowing himself to be stopped long enough to be introduced to the wonderful joys of Time Sharing, something that actually held his attention, much to the delight of the seller.

As the seller would point out the many free shows available for just touring the new resorts, Jere used this subtle action to keep track of his surroundings, as well those around him, glancing where the seller motioned, and often asking about places, which kept the pair turning, looking, pointing, and chatting.

The Immortal population had been small and quiet as of late, and to be honest with himself, Methos was feeling the itch that only a good fight and Quickening would cure.? He kept on his target, using three thousand years' worth of experience with manipulating his own Quickening to track down the elusive Immortal.

Methos finally zeroed in on someone who looked entirely too interested in whatever the obvious salesman was pitching.? Giving silent thanks to long dead Tibetan monks who taught him to work with his "Chi", Methos drew closer to the Immortal.
?
" ..... So, there is nothing more to do than just visit one of these resorts, and I can pick from any of these places, even if I decide not to invest in this Time sharing? " Sounded too good to be true, but it would be a good way to set up various places to stay when he traveled ... With a nod of the head, Jere was presented with a pen and was proceeded to be walked through of what/where to sign along with the information needed to find the resort. It was a decent deal, really. He would simply take the tour, look over the options presented to him, and he had a free show out of the deal.

With their business transaction now concluded, hands were shaken, and the seller was already targeting his next possible buyer. Jere would look over the materials while making his way down the strip ...

And his target was moving again.? Methos decided to risk it - they were in public, after all - and stride up next to the Immortal, clapping him on the shoulder.?
"Hey... I've looking everywhere for you..."? The damned American accent that forced him to nearly swallow the 'R's'.? Hard to get used to, since the British hardly ever pronounced that consonant.

Jere had already been mistaken for some actor from some science fiction movie or another, and was ready to correct the latest person as he turned to find himself looking at ... Methos?? He would NEVER hear the end of this, nor would his former teacher let him. Jere would shake his head, before grinning broadly from ear to ear ...

" I did not expect to still see you hear, old friend. I am starting to see why Alexander enjoyed this part of the region. Tis much to see and do here. "

"If you enjoy the glitz and the glamour.? But I'm surprised at you... were you planning on blithely wandering about, hoping I'd get bored and give up on tracking you down?? Or was there some strategic maneuver that I just can't seem to find?"

Yeah, Methos was going to milk it.

Shaking his head once again, Jere looked up towards the bright lights, while tucking the materials inside his coat pocket. "Surely you did not seek me out, for you must be bored indeed. I am certain there are more than enough places here to hold even your attention, Dev. "?

Smiling again, before continuing his walk, Jere's expression would soften some what, glancing over at his shoulder.? Why would he still be here unless .... " Dev, would you say your knowledge of others is vast?" His hands resting inside his coat pockets, that semi serious gaze returning. He had allowed himself to be swept by the lure of Vegas, nearly forgetting one important detail ...

Methos raised one eyebrow and gave a side glance over to Jere.? "No, I wouldn't say that at all.? And by others you mean Others."?Somehow he managed to pull off the capitalization in his inflection.? "What's on your mind?"

If Methos was able to track down him, and if she was still here ... He would have already sensed her as well .... " It seems that Vegas is quite the vacation spot for old friends and acquaintances .... I encountered such that I had not seen in some time. Her name is Shamair. I fear she has taken a keen interest in Ms. Wright."

He was silent for a moment, trying to remember if he'd ever heard of that name.?
"Never heard of her; she must not keep my hours.? Wright's the one that likes to ask questions on speed?? Haven't seen her for a few weeks either. "Methos kept his hands in his coat pockets, keeping the tails of his trench close to his body to reduce the banging of various weaponry.

"Have you told me about this Shamair person before?"

"No, and until recently I had no real reason to do so. The last time I encountered the woman was when she had taken an interest in Alexander, before his ... Accident. She's very intelligent and just as dangerous if crossed. I had denied her Alexander, and that appeared to be the end of that, though she was not happy. "

Jere would offer a very detailed description of the woman, her height, hair, accent, and body type.? "I am not sure she is still here, but she would not be very hard to miss. Quite the presence this one has about her. Last time I encountered such, was ... Well, yourself. "

Methos frowned as he listened to Jere's description of the woman.? Gods, she sounded familiar... Old Immortal woman, tall... but it could be Amanda, for all Methos knew.? He gave a shrug, "And you're worried she has the other girl.? Why be interested in Pre-Immortals?"

As he said the words, an old memory flashed through his mind, but he dismissed it.? It couldn't be related to this present issue.