Niks had been thinking. Thinking and walking, walking and thinking. It was something of a habit, but she felt so very exposed as of late. She wasn't big, she wasn't some warrior type, and she really wasn't looking forward to becoming one. Yet, it seemed to be that or go hide in some church or some other bit of holy ground, which still wasn't something she'd be comfortable with. How could she live somewhere considered holy if she didn't think of it as such?

It was a few days later. She'd spoken with Jere, nice guy. She'd gone back to work. She was doing whatever she could to feel normal, but it wasn't working. The petite pre-Immie as they liked to call her was almost wishing they hadn't told her a thing because no matter what they told her, she had the distinct feeling that she'd still be shocked when it all came to whatever came next.

Niks stood in front of the Bellagio, watching the fountain as if she were just one of the many tourists. The water was calming and she didn't think she could take any pirate battles at the moment

Dev, backpack slung over his shoulder and wearing the same clothes as the day before, was exiting a cab to return to his hotel. The Immortal had pulled an all nighter - though it was not spent Hunting. No, he had found an old friend hiding in Vegas, and they had talked all night, discussing various topics ranging from past years, to the faceless Organization of Watchers, to thoughts on the future and what it held for certain players of the Game.

Methos was physically drained, exhausted emotionally, and in need of a shower and ten hours of sleep. As he passed the Fountains, he felt a tingling along his nerves... not Presense of another Immortal per se, but something milder, a warning of Immortality, so to speak. The last thing Methos needed was one of them knowing that he was staying at the Bellagio. The rangy Immortal zeroed in on the Signature, and stepped up beside a small woman."All this water in the middle of the desert. Pretty, isn't it."

"Nope. And even if I did, you think it'd be a wise idea to say so? Vegas is full of very..interesting people." Niks smiled at him, but she wasn't that silly in the head. "Niks."

There was a soft laugh as she heard kid cry about having to leave the fountain, specially since he'd just thrown his brand new quarter in. She glanced after the kids' two moms? Well, it took all kinds.

"All sorts of people." Then he had to go and mention her name. Something about talking to her friend about her?

"I'm sorry, what?" Niks didn't look rattled, but she certainly was. She'd not mentioned anything about anyone, why the hell would this guy bring up that name?

Dev turns his head and looks down at her. "You are Niklas, are you not?"

Niks just looked at him, brow raised. She could think of a few ways to react to him, and the fact that she was taking a while really wasn't helping her situation.

"I guess it depends on who's asking because Niks can stand for Nicole, Nicolette, Nikita. Or it could be some nickname for a chick who gets cut a lot, though that seems a little strange for a nickname."

Her hesitation answered his question more than her verbal diarrhea did. "Brehnic... and his teacher think you to be some... Chosen One of the Immortals, did you know that? That you have this 'great potential'."

Did Methos know what he was saying? Ohh, yes. The Ancient was in a fickle mood this morning, and sowing seeds of doubt seemed a perfect end to his day.

"Right. And you're my fairy godfather, come to take me away from it. No, sorry, fella. I don't know what you're on, but I ain' buyin'." Niks shook her head, wondering exactly what the two had said. She started to look around; where were the cops when you needed them? Not that she wanted anyone to get hurt for her, but she really wasn't up for fighting for her head, life, whatever.

The Ancient grinned, and turned away to watch the hydroteknics once more. "Suit yourself. But I'd be careful, if I were you. They may want to speed your Immortality along, if you catch my meaning."

"Right back atcha, big guy." Niks did the little gun finger thing, not knowing that this was the same guy who shot her current employer. "You enjoy the show, and Vegas, eh?"

Niks took a few steps back, then paused. She wasn't going to call Brehn, nor was she going to go look for Jere. Doubt kept her from doing so? Somewhat, but it was more that she didn't like someone else knowing who she was when she hadn't even met them.

"Wait. Dev? Who are you?"

Gods below, he would love to see her expression if he answered that question truthfully. He just smiled and shrugged, "Someone who's been around alot longer than Kohnar and Grey Wolf... though you probably know him under some other name." And oh hell yes did he know that Grey Wolf... and possibly Brehnic would come after him for this, but it would be sooo worth it to see the Lakota man actually lose his cool.

"And you decided to talk to me because?" Niks' eyes narrowed slightly. "Come to gimme some sort of threat? Just felt like stirring the waters? What? Some old fart who's decided to tell the new kid some more shit about bein' well...anythin'. Hell, even normal? Com'on. I doubt you're here for my own good."

She might not have been able to fight, but she wasn't exactly going to be bullied or used as a pawn either. Stupid men and their games. Stupid Immortals and their Game.

Methos turned fully to face her, giving her his full attention, his green/gold eyes boring into hers. "I wanted to see if you're even worth the effort. If you'd be worth training or if it would be a waste of time. If you're a fighter, or would rather roll over and die. Have either one given you a sword yet? A weapon of any kind?"

Niks didn't buckle; actually, she had a very nasty habit when people gave her that kind of look. She stared right back at him. Sure her cheeks were a little flushed, but she really didn't see who he was to ask her these questions.

"So, you're the old guy who decides if I should just be offed now, gotten rid of, so your little Game doesn' lose its integrity? Which, by the way, is the most pathetic thing to call it. Not only did the rule makers have some weird ideas, but they certainly didn't think too hard about what this is called. Sure, you can chalk it up to irony or some shit, but who are you to decide anything? Wanna put me outta my misery because I don't live up to whatever little standard you've got? Go head." She'd hate it if he did kill her, but Niks was mad. Life had dealt her one hell of a hand, and now some guy had decided to come along saying he was going to decide if her hand was good enough to play?

He gave her a smirk, "If nothing else, you'll talk them to death. I was curious about all the hype. I don't care one way or another, in all honesty, because nothing really matters."

"Hey, we've all go to have our thing." Niks shrugged; it wasn't the first and probably not the last time someone said she talked a lot. "And, it's the new kid on the block thing."

She still wasn't happy, but she wasn't backing down either. Niks was a little strange that way.

Gods, he's tired, and he's stopped making sense some time ago. Shifting his pack on his shoulder, looking for a more comfortable position, Methos decided that his part in this conversation is over. She could take or leave his words, because no matter how much he twisted the truth, there was truth in his wods. "I'll look you up in a couple decades, if you're still alive."

Methos gave her a minute nod, turned and started to walk towards the Bellagio.

Niks watched him go. She stayed right where she was for now; yes, that was certainly an odd conversation, and she wasn't all that happy with how she acted. She leaned against the railing watching him. Brehnic and Jere had a lot of explaining to do.