It was a fun ride while it lasted, but a smart man once said you gotta know when to hold them, know when to fold them ... Or something like that. Fall had came in with a vengeance, and for those of us that had wore long coats, we were a step ahead of the curve. The change of seasons brought about a change inside myself as well. No more playing by someone else's rules. No more playing Mr. Nice Guy to keep the peace. No one telling me who to associate with and when. The whole bloody lot of them can continue with their over inflated egos of being an Immortal.

I control my fate. Period.

Las Vegas. How ironic that my personal end game finds it's eternal resting place here. I may not have been around for centuries, decades, what have you like a select few, but being around too long can cause you to forget what you were to begin with. My opinion, deal with it. There would be no closing of accounts, no selling of personal properties, or anything like that to draw undue attention to myself. It was all about packing a duffle bag, sword, loading up my Ipod full of random tunes and making sure I had a full tank of gas.

I know of couple of places where not* to go.

It was never a personal thing with me, until some decided to make it that way. Control is an illusion, and it's one I can do without. I lived my life for adventure and fun, but in the end, it was more like a piece of gum that had long since lost it's flavor, no matter how long I kept chewing.

It was time for a fresh piece.

Am I going to forget? Nope. Lessons were learned, and what didn't kill me indeed made me stronger, and smarter. I may not have been around to play the game like some of the others, but I knew when it was time to walk away from it.

Alexander Conner was a Master Thief.
Brehnic Kohnar was an Immortal.

And now??

In the end there can be only one ... One more leaving the game.

Jere watched quietly as his former charge took his leave from not only Las Vegas, but from chaotic world of the Immortals. A smile slowly appeared onto his face as he silently wished Alexander luck as he embarked on his new path. A heavy sigh escaped the Immortal, a glance downward at the bus ticket that marked his own destination. It had been too long since his own feet had walked upon the lands of his kin, even though times had changed it much.

It was time to return ... Home.

- The End