Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"Did you come here to end your life?" The words were too empty to mask the lack of concern with whether or not he lived or died. When he didn't answer, she laughed, and tipped down to drag her thumb across her clay smeared feet. The Potter's Field was rich and thick with sanguinary clay, she imagined what it would look like stripped bare, harvested to fulfill the excessive needs of others. "Are you not to answer me?" When the second question was asked, he turned to face her, his eyes a raw red and glazed, hollowed and violent violet along the skin beneath.

"I did not mean for this to happen," he lamented, and dropped to his knees with his hands to the sky, "Please forgive me!"

"Did not mean for this to happen?" She asked with her brows raised, "You betrayed him. You meant for this to happen all along. This was your betrayal, and for what? Thirty silver shekels?" She pushed forward, helped him closer to the edge of his own sanity, drove him deeper into the abyss of misery.

"I was tricked."

"How were you tricked? How were you decieved?"

He shook his head violently, "You know how, sin speaker!"

She laughed boldly at him, and spit at his feet, "I am not a speaker of sin, I am a reaper of souls and I have come to collect." Where he knelt, she snatched up his beard and turned him to face her, to look into her eyes. "You will know pain. You will suffer the weight of guilt for eternity; until the great chasm, you will know only pain." Her free hand clapped up to his skull, and the burn of Hell peeled her skin, turned it to ash. The sensation was still new, it still hurt, but she hid it behind her mask of inhumanity and sliced back away from him. "Your debt has been paid."

"A deal is a deal."

"Yes it is, Judas Iscariot."

<font color="#000000" size="1">[ July 31, 2008 10:12 PM: Message edited by: liarsenic ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

the testimonial of the devil's debt collector:

People in these modern times always seem to perceive demons as horned monsters that crawled up from the blazing, sulfur lake by their long, black claws and razorblade teeth. They easily forget that we were once angels, that we were just as beautiful, and that the most famous of all of us, Lucifer, was once the most loved of all. Then came the great war. A war we knew we could not win, but none of us imagined the severity of our punishment. Worse than death, worse than the barren wasteland we were banished to live within. To never feel His touch again was the worst of all punishments we could have received.

I still mourn the loss of His grace to this day.

I do what I do out of spite. What better than to lure the little lambs away from their shepherd? An omnipotent being who passively watches them stray from the path of the righteous. I am not a monster. I am partial player in a game that has been in progress since the creation of all that now exists. And all of you? You're players, too. However, it is for you to decide whether or not you will be pawns or the changing factor, the ebb of the tide.

I have no illusions of winning this war, but I will make as many people as I can feel the misery and anguish that I do everyday of my existence.