Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

JRCivic is right. Take out the FMU and retune the idle and part throttle fuel map. Also check the plug wires. I've experienced similar bogging during WOT and was caused by the MSD wires. I swapped them out with a set of OEM wires solved the problem.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

UPDATE

there is no fuel enrichment relay. i removed the JR FMU and now there is a straight fuel line to the FPR. fuel pressure is still at 70 psi in idle (when the car is just sitting there and running) and static (when i remove the vacuum nipple off the fpr). should i still keep the FMU off if it is still at 70psi or put it back on just to be safe? took it for a test drive and nothings changed. maybe i need an aftermarket fuel pressure regulator for my walbro 255lph high pressure fuel pump?

The OEM map sensor is still in its original place and its connector unplugged and an open vacuum nipple, which is replaced by the 3 bar map. The TPS and MAP sensors are in the correct places. I have still have not yet checked the voltage on the TPS because i dont have a voltage reader. its reading is in DC...........correct?

I checked ignition timing with my timing gun and it is set at 15 btdc. funny thing is that there are random 1/2 second pauses in the flashes of the timing gun as though something is skipping. ive never seen this before. is this normal with the hondata in?

i observed my bypass valve under boost. heres a pix i borrowed from boostedex. im not sure which direction is open and which is closed, so, ill just describe it. the lever stays where it is as seen in the pix in idle. under boost it moves to the right (driverside towards the blower)and moves left (passengerside towards the throttlebody) when letting go of the gas pedal. there are no leaks in the vacuum hose.
    untitled

i will replace my ngk spark plug wires with oem ones and a new fuel filter to see if that changes anything on monday (honda is closed on sundays [img]frown.gif[/img] ) tommorrow i will double check the wires i chopped off and resoldered when i removed all the JR band-aids.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

UPDATE

replaced NGK spark plug wires with OEM ones. spark plugs are gapped at .023 using NGK R5672A-3s. no changes in WOT conditions.

next step is to get an FPR and new fuel pressure gauge to see if that helps. still waiting on a voltmeter to measure TPS voltages.

damn thing pisses me off. i may just rip out everything and put it back to stock. a 4wd CRV may be in my future.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do you have a friend with the same motor? If you do try borrowing thier distributor for a few minutes and see if it solves your issues. You could have a weak coil or a bad pickup. Troubleshooting is fun, though you need to be real methodical about and make sure you are not jumping all over the place. If you strat going all directions while trying to fix somethin you will waste a lot of money!!

Also the person doing your tuning should have tuned the car with a lower static pressure. Sounds like you need to pick up an aftermarket FPR such as an AEM to get the fuel pressure down low enough.

John

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ February 04, 2005 02:41 PM: Message edited by: CivicR ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

UPDATE
    wish i had someone in this town at least with an si, but, wont find anyone here. im actually gonna check the ignition control module this weekend since i alreay put in new cap, rotor, coil, plugs, plug wires. i measured voltage from TPS today. 5.0 from the ECU. 0.49 with throttle closed and 4.5 at WOT.

Does anybody know what the 3 bar MAP sensor voltages are supposed to be at boost? so far for vacuum i have:

in.HG - voltage
    0 - 3.0
    5 - 2.5
    10 - 2.0
    15 - 1.5
    20 - 1.0
    25 - 0.5

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12