Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello

Im expecting my (used) kit to arrive sometime next week which also includes an apexi vafc. I honestly would love to get hondata to manage my fuel but I would need to convert to OBDI which is gonna cost me quite I bit im assuming (what ecu would I need? OBDI GSR ECU?) Although the kit includes an endyne stepper pulley I might end up boosting the stock 6psi for now. What other items are recommended to upgrade?
    injectors, fuel rail, fuel pump?
    Im actually looking to run a compression test on my motor in the next couple days.

one last thing.. I have a set of 01' itr cams sitting in my room. Would that pair up well with the jrsc?

Please advice me in any way. Thanks.

Kenny

Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Congrats on your JRSC purchase.

You will not have to purchase an OBD-I GSR ecu... you will no longer have IAB with the blower, so that circuit inside the ECU is not necessary. If you want to retain the knock sensor circuit, you would need a P30 (USDM or JDM). If you tune the car well, the Knock sensor is really un-necessary, so a P28 would be fine... and the least expensive.

The ENDYN stepper pulleys fit poorly, so watch your clearances and be sure that the alternator shaft protrudes enough to get more than one or two threads inside the nut.

Lastly, leave the Type "R" cams in your room... they will not enhance the bowers output... especially the Intake cam. There have been small gains using the Exhaust cam only... but it takes quite a bit of cam tuning to extract them.