Thread: MY intercooled JRSC is still tickin, 5 years., but problem...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I still got my ol' civic with the JRSC , and the air to water intercooler i invented. I'm using the following pulley setup to net me a total boost of 12 psi.
    Honda CRV crank pulley + ENDYN alternator stepper pulley + JRSC stock blower pulley = 12 psi. Im netting 12 psi because im losin a couple or few psi thru the air to water intercooler.
    My problem is : My alternators keep getting too hot or overspinng and they crap out and die.
    What pulley combo could i use to keep my 12 psi, yet not damage the alternator every few months ?
    Can someone install new stronger (guts) of my OEM alternator ? Or coulds i swap out the stock oem alternator for a stronger or one that can withstand higher rpms ?
    but i neew to retain the same size oem alternator or smaller for clearances .

thanks to anyone who has any sort of input that could help me out.
    BTW, the car still pulls low 12's till this day. 4- 5 years and still tickin like a champ !!

HONDA forever man
    I also have a 350z, but like driving my civc more, go figure !

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hiya, i don't have an answer for you, but how many miles have you racked up on this car while boosted? Experience any other negatives along the way?

thanks,

d

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well guys , the ride was fun with my intercooler. But i just removed it. I'll be running 12 psi without it.

I'll still be running low 12's, prolly in 12.4 range again.
    Best et with the intercooler was 12.1 .
    well here's a pic of it removed.
    jrscintercooler2fg

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow that is a homade intercooler that you have been using for 5 years? Do you have any pics of the intercooler installed?

How many miles did you rack up on the boosted car? I am looking to add a JRSC to my 98 civic coupe and it is also my daily driver so I have to have the reliability in any mods.

Any info on problems that may arise or areas that need to be strengthened for reliability would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey sc, what were you're im temps with that thing? Is it something I would be able to get somewhere? Could I buy it from you? Do u have a post here somewher that would let me know how to do this? And how efficient is it? How do you install it? lol, I know its alot to ask but let us fellow jrsc brother's in on that setup, we could all benefit from it.