Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Installed boost upgrade, man, almost 3 summers ago, along w/ RC 310's. Had a rough tune and couldn't get fuel pressures down to recommended high 20's. Get back to this later...

Anyway, not long after that I installed Comptech long intake w/ "box". Soon after that, exhaust started to get louder and louder. It's gotten to the point where I can't hear the whine of charger...you know, fart can.

Now it doesn't sound, to me at least, like a leak, but someone had suggested the possibility of a clogged cat because I was running rich for so long (year and a half?). Goin' back to the fuel pressure, I was running super rich until I finally put the AEM fpr in sometime last year.

I have heard that the intake increases exhaust noise to a degree, but I don't know. Does a clogged cat seem likely?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Changing the intake will change the note of the exhaust but I don't think to the degree that your saying. A clogged cat will smell like rotten eggs so you will know when you have one. I take it this is the stock cat also?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I found that after I started runing the JRSC, the added load of the extra exhaust gases did a number on the sound deadening material in my muffler. My car was pretty quiet with a full 2 1/2" mandrel bent system, cat, muffler and all, but about 2-3 months after putting on the JRSC, and running it at 9+ lbs right off the bat, the muffler wasn't so quiet anymore.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, confirmed a few weeks back that I did jump a tooth and timing was off. This happened at least a good year back when flywheel cracked (didn't shatter) at the hub. Yeah, bounced around the redline a coupla' times when that happened.

After replacing flywheel and clutch disc, still noticed the car drove like crap, but thought that was due to bad tune after 8psi upgrade (that I never got around to dealing with).

But then I started noticing that the exhaust got louder and louder as time passed, thought it was my imagination. The engine seemed to run kinda hot and rough.

Anyway, with the AEM fuel riser installed along with the timing belt reset...much nicer now. But I'm still not able to get a good transition from vacuum to boost without detonation...

...I'll go and play with Cartech's fuel rise rate tomorrow and see if I can improve this...