Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi guys I've just signed in to this forum and I need your help. I have installed the High boost JRSC kit on my '98 Type R with Hondata ECU included. Unfortunatelly, after completed the instalation when starting the engine I faced few problems which I am not able to solve for the last two days. These are the problems:
    - As soon as I start the engine the Engine Check light is on and it stays on all the time engine is working.
    - When I rev the engin it can not pass the 4000rmp like it has a rav limit at that level and if I put the gas pedal off to quickly the rpm are going below the 800 and the engine turned off.

Othervise, when on the idle engine is working quietly at 800rpm without any noise, working temperature is ok no overheating, the sc is working fine from the mechanical point of view. Where I did wrong?
    I am pretty confused and depresed especially having in mind that I live in south Europe and there is nobady I can address to help me with this! Therefore guys I need all support and information from your side I can get.
    Thks. in advance.
    Grof

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

looks liek the car needs to be taken in for tuning and that the chip might be installed backwards.

Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, it sounds like the problem is Hondata related. After you start the car, check the red light found inside the blue Hondata box... if it is flashing, the chip is NOT communicating with the computer/engine... and thus, you are running on the "limp home" programming found on the back-up chip inside the computer.

If the red light stays on SOLID... then the problem is somewhere else... maybe the ECU itself or the adapter harness.

Let us know what you find.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thks. for the tipps.
    However, there are few other things that are confusing me.
    First, with the kit I get Hondata ECU but its nuber is P28 which is for Civic Si I think while my old one was P73. Is it the way it should be or is it mistake?
    Second, I also received s200 with it but I did not install it yet. I unedrstood that the ECU it self is preprogramd in hondata to work with my kit andthat s200 I can use if I want to play with my setup.
    Anyway, I am still not sure that we have installed everything right and therefore I will make saome pics of it and see what will be your commentst. Maybe you will be able to se mistake in our installation process.
    grof

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

wait: you installed the hondata ecu and the chip, but NOT the little blue box? that simply will not work. you MUST have the hondata Blue Box installed to work!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

install everything and drive straight to a tuner. you are in a position to do significant damage to your car. jsut bit the bullet and at least get it tuned, and do NOT boost while driving until the car IS tuned!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OK.
    Does enyone knows how to connect the s200 with the ECU. Do I have to take of the cover of the ECU...and then what?
    Grof

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by grof:
    OK.
    Does enyone knows how to connect the s200 with the ECU. Do I have to take of the cover of the ECU...and then what?
    Grof
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You can download the installation manual from the Hondata website, it should answer all your questions. Here's a link to get you started:
    http://www.hondata.com/downloads/ins...n%20manual.doc

Have fun!

Mark.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thks man.
    I'v done as you told me and s200 works fine. However I still have Check engine light on. I have found the diagnostic cable, made a jumper and the code eror is 22(VTEC pressure valve). Any idea where this valve is and how should I check it???

Wait, this is not all. On my way back home I had a first ride with the sc under the hood and therefore I started easely just to see what will be the response. At the begining everything was ok and on the low rpm you can realy feel very nice acceleration improvment. But above 5500rpm the car was acting like the vtec does not exist. And thats not all. Just near my house the while I was waiting on the trefic light the engine started to rev by him self like craizy going up and down from 1000 to 4000rpm. I bearly come home. I called the Moss Motosports for the advice and heir techincans told me that I have a leaking problem somevere. I realy have a bad lack!!! Any idea how to check where the leaking occures?
    Grof

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

DO. NOT. BOOST. UNTIL. THE. CAR. IS. TUNED !!!!!!

as far as the idle, that is the result of a leak, most likely at the throttle body. did you use a new throtle body gasket when the blower was installed? that is a pretty common place for the leak to occur that causes the jumping idle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast