Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well, this is the third time i uninstalled my JRSC, but, now this time, ive put all the stock parts on and experienced a problem. i am getting some serious bogging acompanied by a cylinder misfire #2 code. heres the facts: 99 civic si b16a2.

new copper plugs gapped at .050. oem wires are 6 months old. cap, coil, rotor are about 8 months old. valve adjustment 8 months ago.

there are no vacuum leaks. i however, i am not sure if correctly rerouted the vac lines the way they are supposed to be. im pretty sure i did, but, i will find a diagram for it somewhere to compare and make sure. i also had to T into the brake booster line provide vac for the cruise control. map sensor vac line goes into the back of the mani.

MAP sensor has been "T"ed into a 3 bar map sensor junction plug. obd2 injectors have been "T"ed into OBD1 injector clips. I had to ghetto rig my IAT sensor connection because, i lost the original junction plug when i had the hondata on. does polarity matter with the IAT sensor wiring?

i plan on picking up a compression guage and timing gun from my buddies house tommorrow. i will also check plug colors tommorrow and swap em around to see any changes. i would have done all this tonight, but, im kinda exhausted from my non stop effort of changing out the clutch and putting my jrsc b16 back to stock. ill tackle this again tommorrow. i would appreciate any info or help until then.

what causes a misfire?

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 29, 2005 02:34 AM: Message edited by: spidermancivic ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That plug gap sounds a little large. If I remember correctly you should be in the .40 range?

John

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

#2 spark plug visually looks like it hasnt even fired (looks brand spanking new). the plug is recieving spark.

the gap is good. the recommended gap range for the usdm b16a2 is between .047 - .055.
    rechecking over the injector wiring and soldering, it is very good and clean. im thinking its the injector itself.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i first rewired the injectors, now i know for sure there is a solid connection. still was doing the same thing.
    now i swapped the (a) #2 injector into #4 cylinder(b) and #4 injector into the #2 cylinder. basically i swapped 2 and 4 around. now that#2 injector that is in #4 cylinder is flooded with fuel.

im assuming i need to find a good set of working obd2 injectors. now, how the hell do i get the fuel out?