Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do you guys really think it is necessary to pull your timing back to 10BTC when boosting 6psi? i know the instructions say to do so, but i think that is overkill. too much timing taken out just for 6psi. i think the car will feel like shit and no power down low.

i thought the rule of thumb was to retard timing .5 for every lb of boost. so for 6psi, that would be taking out 3 degrees of timing by adjusting the distributor.

Does the JR Map Mod really allow you to run more ignition timing? it says you can run around 2 degrees less that base timing. stocking timing is 16BTC, so you should be able to run 14BTC with the map mod?

i've read before that some people have even advanced their timing and have had no problems when using the JRSC.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Each car is different. I have seen some people on here go with the higher timing settings and be OK. I have also seen some stay with 10 to keep the car from pinging. You really need to have the car tuned on a dyno and then you can play with the timing to see where you really need to be.

John

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yeah....

just seems that you can run more timing that what they say and be alright with it.

setting the timing at 10BTC just sucks.

i'm still picking up my timing little by little. so far so good

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Screw that. Just get a Hondata and tune everything the right way all at once. More power, better gas mileage, safer settings, more reliable and more control over your engine.

Don't waste your time and money with anything else.