Ok, so i was taking out my supercharger because im bringing my GSR back to stock, and when I looked at the fuel rail and the injectors, one of them had the tip of the cap cracked and part of it broken off. Now i dont know if this part fell into the engine where the fuel sprays in, or if it fell on the ground. Now I have already put my stock manifold back on and everything, and was ready to put in the fuel system when i found this broken tip on one of the injectors.

If, that little piece of plastic (its about 1/3 of the cap) had fallen into the hole where fuel sprays in, then will it go all the way into the combustion chamber easily and just burn up and get spat out, or can it cause problems and block fuel from going into that cylinder and just mess everything up?

There really isnt any way for me to get into the hole there and see if the piece is in there or not unless I took the head off and all to really get in there, so i'd like to know if i should be ok if I start it up and let it idle for a few minutes and then hopefully it'll just burn up the piece in the cylinder.

Oh, also, does anyone know where I can order/buy one of those caps. I went to the dealer and they said they only sell the hole injector, not just this little 10 cent plastic cap that i need.

thanks,
Martin

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 16, 2005 11:25 PM: Message edited by: MartyMarGSR ]</font>