Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Went in the other day for a simple mount-n-balance for the new set of tires...had a bad day!

My 16in. Schumachers are my pride 'n joy. The friend over-seeing this brings 'em back with one of the wheels' valve-stem broken off. Then later, he shows me that the lip on one of em has two sets of hugely noticable gashes!

Anyway, he told me that it wouldn't be a problem and that he'd get it repaired...

So here's the question, should I let him take it to a wheel repair to have it filled and polished (assuming that's the process)? Or should I just say 'Hell no!" and get 'em back ASAP and take it to a repair place of my choosing and get a few estimates?

Already told him how important this is and to not cut corners (more or less). Hate to say this, but to give you a visual, business looks like a coupla 'ol garage wrenchers with a rented space kinda thing...

Suggestions, opinions, taro card readings...?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Get a new one.

Site Administrator Team Hostboard's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

My vote is to get a new one but if they balk at that go straight to the manufacturer and ask for their recommendation. Take some pictures and emai it to them as well so they can asses the problem properly.

There are a few wheel fixing shops that are at a caliber I would trust. One is in Wallingford (might be Branford) CT.