Thread: Skunkworks rear sway bar (the OG one)...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm shopping for sway bar bushings and looking online for definitive specs on the bar's thickness.

If I recall, the bar takes its design from the Mugen 22mm, which supposedly mimicked the design of the ITR 22mm.

I've been doing searches online, but can't seem to get much info since Skunkworks went on to become Skunk2, and even then it appears they now no longer make sway bars, just lower tie-bars.

So far, my search has yielded varying diameter specs of either 21, 22, and in some cases, 23 mm's.

Anyone care to shed some light? Thanks!

A-dub

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Not sure if this would help you. I have this on my GS-R. It has worked with no issues.

http://geocities.com/bretq/swaybar_install.html
    http://www.geocities.com/bretq/mounting_kit.html

I found on a few other web boards that the Skunk sway bar was 21mm.

Not sure if any of this helps.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Carboy,

Someone has already suggested using an open-ended wrench (duh.). I know it's not the most accurate solution because the bar is not perfectly cylindrical...but it'll be dang close!

Saw some of those pics you posted...not exactly what I was lookin' for though.

What kind of sway bar did you say you have? 'Cuz if you do have a 22mm bar, I would jump on getting some type of reinforcement kit for it...like, soon.

The kits in those pics ain't gonna cut it! Do a search here, or whatever message board you prefer, as there are tons and tons of info and products that are better designed (ie. way larger reinforcement area around the mounting bolts).

Hey, thanks anyway.