Hi,

I'm a noob to HB, but I'm on my second blown B18. About two years ago I melted the pistons in #1 and #4 holes in my built B18C1. Problem with the water injection system. With a 125 shot of NOS the car dynoed at a little over 415 HP. I parted out the car and swore off racing forever... I now have a 95 Del Sol with a JDM B18C Spec R. The exact wrong motor for forced induction. So I just purchased a used JRSC for it and will hopefully be satisfied with 5.5 PSI performance.

Just in case I'm not satisfied, I have also just purchased a B18C1 motor with a broken rod. I'm going to have it sleeved (the damage caused by the broken rod will be eliminated during the sleeving process and the head rebuild process).

Here's the question, Vortec, the new Jackson Racing SC unit, or something else. JRSC's just don't produce produce enough boost and if they do, the intake charge is just too hot. Even with Endyn supercharger reflow work, head work, and pistons if you try for more than 15 lbs of boost, the SC self destructs so maybe one of the centrifigal SC is the way to go. Anyone have experience with the overpriced alternatives. Thanks