Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

bobd, the email addy in my profile was old - sorry, i updated it...
    I emailed you in order to keep this off the forum, but it looks like your's my be old as well - it came back.
    Sorry for this post admins...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yep, I hear ya JRCivic. I rememeber Shawn. I believe the 177 run was on water injection though.

Here is bobd's dyno sheet:
    bobddyno

-TJ

Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Smile

I am not a sceptic by any means... and I certainly have NOTHING against Larry... but before you give props to the wrong recipient, keep in mind one thing. When I first came to this board, there was a guy with a CRX who was using a ZDYNE ECU on a D16A6 JRSC powerplant. It was a BONE STOCK longblock if I remember correctly... and he had the typical I/H/E bolt ons. He made 176 wheel HP... and he did this at around 10 psi I believe.

I think his name was Shawn Church... does this ring a bell ???

My feeling is that the D16A6 engine just seems to take very well to being SUPERCHARGED... and couple this with an engine management system that compliments the engines strong points... and you have a recipe for a potent little SOHC engine. Toss an above-average tuner in the mix and you have got yourself a winner !!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow hope for sohc's! what hp numbers do u expect without the zdyne and endyne work? I am estimating around 150whp for my car right now, i'd be pretty happy if i could just get another 20hp. Would the cam gear be worth it for my setup?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I suspect the nice power gains are due to the ZDYNE ECU and not the Endyn work but who knows. The ZDYNE/Hondata ECU conversions fix the JRSC fueling problems and results in some NICE gains. I was on my way to that setup with my civic until the car was stolen.

For the record, I ran into Shawn at a track event a while back and he dynoed in the low 180's with JRSC @ 8psi with water injection and 2.5" exhaust. I believe he was running SRP 9:1 pistons as well. I haven't spoken with him in well over a year so I'm not sure where he's currently at with the CRX, assuming he still has it. I seem to recall he was aiming for 200whp in the CRX with the blown D16A6.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    So, Shawn did in fact have internal mods then. Was this 180+ HP quote made after he modified the bottom end or was it just a better tune on an already built shortblock ???

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm with you completely JRCivic. Larry and his work are nothing but BS like you've testified before. All that work and nothing to show except 9 pounds of boost tells me something, just like you said.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by JRCivic:
    So, Shawn did in fact have internal mods then. Was this 180+ HP quote made after he modified the bottom end or was it just a better tune on an already built shortblock ???</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

The original quotes of 167 or so on the ZDYNE website were at 6psi on a bone stock longblock. Shawn's engine failed later on a high speed run in the desert due to having the water injection setup incorrectly. It destroyed the blower and the engine. He then rebuilt it with SRP pistons, upgraded to 8psi, and added a header. With this new setup he dynoed into the 180's.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have never testified that Larry's mods were "BS" as you put it... I have simply stated that I have seen no evidence that makes his blower mod "Better" than a standard one...
    I am neither a believer nor disbeliever... I would simply like to examine some SCIENTIFIC data to support his claims.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What sort of scientific data do you need? You posted that the blowers get hot as hell before. Whatsup now? You testify and now you don't.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast