Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

After a few weeks on installing my drag 3 kit on my 98 LS, I decided to fire it up for the first time. Be just a test to see if it would start I decided to disconnect one of the intercooling pipes so I blow out any thing, such as syrofoam from shipping or any other debris that could of gone into the compressor side of the turbo. As I started it, if fired up right away =). Then I step outside and give it a rev on at the throttle and it revs up fine =). As the idle went down I hear a rattle sound, so I do it again thinking its the open downpipe vibrating =O. I then decide to shut down and talk a look underneath, and what do I see? The biggest oil leak ever, oil on the floor, oil everywhere from where it leak and from where the downpipe blew it from where it dripped. I check my oil and saw it just below the first dot, keep in mind I have my car on jacks in the front. So, I add a quart of oil, and its at an ok level. I start it back up to find to oil leak source and find its the oil line I used to relocate the oil sender. I was wondering if I could of caused any damage to the car letting it run low on oil the first time about 1 to 1 1/2 qt.? I checked the spark plugs and they had a kinda blackish brown color on them which could have been that way from the start. What do you guys think?
    Drag 3 LS on its way!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You should be alright. Your engine was not totally empty of oil and you were not driving it (no load). I would just fix the leak and try again. As for the spark plugs - don't worry, the engine needs to run for a little to burn off the rich conditions when you first start.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Remember low or no oil SPUN BEARING, a turbo requires a lot of oil. biggrin