Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Proof Of 12 Sec Run With Video Clip and Slips.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Sil,
    I bairly go anymore. I last I went was a few weeks before that stupid movie came out which gave to much attention to that stuff. Also I never take my car to the runs in general. Its crazy and not worth it IMO. To race someone with that type of crowd and crappy drivers not to mention no real determined finish line is crazy. Also if you beat someone thats known or "good", people will just hate on you or your car and mess it up sometimes. How do I know this? Well I took my friends CRX to the runs one time with a LS swap. I raced some guy a few times and kept beating him. On the final run when I launched people that were crowing around the car held out their keys and when I launched the keys scratched the sides badly. Forget that! Also when the cops come people take off in every direction and practially kill each other. And if they hit you, they just keep going!

Anyway Sil,
    Whats going on this weekened with you? I'm free for most part and the weather is killer. I was thinking of meeting up or maybe going up to a test and tune session to break in the new slicks for CMI.

As for this time and movie, no comment. Still doesn't show that you wern't running more boost them stock, or if you had it stripped, or if the engine was built. All it showed was you taking off and hitting that time. I'm not hating or any of that other stuff. I'm just saying that hitting that time with your claimed mods, weight and setup still seems very unlikely. Also how did you blow your engine? Over rev? From what I heard, awhile back you came to DSR to dyno and stuff and your car was running all funny? Was this the cause?

------------------
    Mike Marsey
    '98 ITR #0717
    Supercharged w/260whp & 170trq
    Member of the 12sec club!
    12.9@108mph w/2750lbs (full street setup)
    For all your JRSC type R questions, go to: http://www.geocities.com/superchargedtyper/
    For for the best dynotuning check out: http://www.dynospotracing.com

Inactive Member REALNemeKwky12Seclub's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Ok Guys whats up thanks for the Congrats again, and I'm going to try and answer the questions the best that I can.... So here we go hehe

Rboosted717-
    "Still doesn't show that you wern't running more boost them stock, or if you had it stripped, or if the engine was built."

Ok true I know it doesn't show that, and I understand completly but you guys asked for proof and I have tried everything I could to show you guys I'm not lieing... But honestly you guys know just as well as I do that there is no other ways for me to show that was true, unless I did it all over again and had everyone of you standing there and seeign what mods I had done. To be honest I didn't even know you could upgrade the pulley for more boost until a few months after that run. I did have some weight reduction and I'm a skinny guy. And I'm not the type of guy to try and not help people achieve the same times/or goal so as for the weigh reduction I guess I'm going to have to list all of it which isn't to much at least I don't think. Front and rear bumper supports taken out, all that Tar mat **** all throughout the car under the carpet was stripped out, except for driver side, carbon fiber hood, front seat, center counsel, back seat was still in, and than me.. So I guess comes out to around maybe 85-100lbs weight reduction give or take but thats still a lot to pull down the track what stock they are 2700 so thats still a 2600lb car than me 2750?? YEa thats what I had done weight wise. And you guys that was a 2001 Gsr brand new so yes the motor was stock, stock 6lb pulley comptech headers, aem intake, msd igntion and coil and a short shifter. and some good driving! But right now yes My motor is getting built and than I'll let you giuys know what times I get with a fully built motor. and yes I'm going to be going to all the CMI's as long as it's all broken in and tuned so you guys can see to.

"I'm just saying that hitting that time with your claimed mods, weight and setup
    still seems very unlikely."

I know but it's true I don't know what else to say ? [img]confused.gif[/img]

"Also how did you blow your engine? Over rev? From what I heard, awhile back you came to DSR to dyno and stuff and your car was running all funny? Was this the cause?"

Funny how people always think they no more about a persons car than the person themselves. heheh But no thats not when I blew the piston rings. Actually when I barley got my car ack to my garage I went undr it and noticed that the alternator belt had fallen off and was just hanging there. Wasn't tightened at all and by this time this is when I had added the 8lb pulley and went to DSR to try and get it tuned before cmi cause I was running a differnt size pulley now and wanted to make sure it was tuned. But no I didn't blow it there that was just a thrown belt. And the way I blew it, is that I pushed my card hard everysingle time I raced, and I raced 24/7 on the street and at the track... and finally after I upgraded the pulley and I went out to test drive it after playing around with the fuel the valve cover started smoking and than I knew what had already happened so I took it to the shop and the pulled apart my engine and sure enough it was blown piston rings so yea right now the motor is being built, actually it's almost done just waiting on the headgasket to come in cause they got the wrong size and than it's break in time and than to dsr to get the ***** tuned, and ready for cmi....... [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Hopes this helps guys I'm trying my best to explain everything the best that I can.. so sorry if it's still hard to believe but **** wha can I do. anyways thats all in the past and I'm looking to the future now and have my goal time set for 11.4 with charger & built motor, and High 10's with direct port nos setup that Nos just came out with to use through the injectors... So when I get my times from my built motor I'll post the slips movie again, and a list of everything done internally..... **** if you guys want I can post what I'm getting done now.... Ok later guys

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

the link no longer works can some please post it up again i missed it!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah bro I've been asking for a while now. Can I get the link?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's not some wheelie-pulling bumper scraping drag run, it's just a lightened GSR making a perfect pass.

It's all true, but I still think the car was lightened more than he says or there was a very light driver.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 10, 2002 10:20 PM: Message edited by: Holden ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

I know I dont post very much, but I thought when he initially posted that he did a 12 sec run, that he told us he was running a little juice??

I dont know, but thats what I remember.

Tom

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well whatever he was doing he ran aggressively and did well. Apparently the engine isn't alive and he's building his new beast.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12