Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Well I figured out my problem that I posted about below. It turned out to be a loose ground on the thermo stat housing.
    Now that is starts and runs I'm hearing a knocking noise and my oil light is on. My oil light is on at idle but goes away around 1,200 rpms but doesn't go away until around 2,200. When the car warms up and it seems the knocking noise starts right when the oil light goes out and then goes away a few hundred rpms after it started.
    I'm thinking rod bearings but the guy I bought the motor off of swears it was rebuilt 7,000 miles ago and ran fine when he took it out. Is there anything else that would cause this? I just need a second opinion before I try and get my money back and take the motor back out.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just droped the pan again and made sure everyhting was torgued to spec but didn't find any problems.
    I did notice that when #4 was coming up on the compression stroke the motor got alot harder to turn and the rachet got tighter against the frame. What the hell would cause this?

Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

Maybe you have a broken oil pump...