Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy

I just got done reinstalling a 94 gsr motor into a del sol (blew the old gsr motor) and now I need help getting it to run right.

It turns over and starts if I hold the gas down alittle but it runs like it was running off 2 cylinders or the timing is off and back fires. I checked cam timing and it appears dead on. I'm showing 10" of vacc and my fuel pressure is around 48 psi.
    I think part of it is electrical because sometimes when I turn the key to the acc position before I start it the fuel pump keeps running instead of turning it off. Also the first time I went to start it the car didn't start and acted like it had a dead batt but I just had to make a better ground connection between the batt and the frame. I'm assuming because I repainted under the hood and it wasn't making a good connection.
    The motor has JE 9-1 pistons, rods, new valve stem seals and 1 new valve if it makes any difference. I also uninstalled the jrsc and put the factory intake on.
    I'd be very grateful for any help or ideas you guys could give me.
    btw I don't have a manual with me because I left it 200 miles away at home and I made all the ground connections from memory.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

make sure the plugs are wired up correctly .... small thing, but i know a lot of guys who missed that little point [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What plug could give me this much trouble? I'm pretty sure the map, tps and ignition plugs are all correct. If some one gives me the wire color codes I'll double check. I do have a J&S but I took it out of series with the ignition.

One more thing when I rev up the motor the check engine light will flicker and if I keep it reved it will just die like some one turn the key off.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Are your injector plugs in the right order. That would cause what you described to happen.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lightbulb

Make sure you have all the ground straps reinstalled per the original design.

Regards,
    BigMoose