Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just recently purchased some new M&H 22x8x13 with Lenso's and went to the Drag strip with them. I could not get them to hook for sh%&. I tried to smokem and do burn outs but they just spun through 1st and 2nd. My 60ft times were as bad as 2.17 and 2.11. This is my first time on 22's. I've hit 1.80 on 20's before but they were used.
    Anyone got any hints on what is best for new slicks or do I just need to make alot of runs on them before they start to grip?

My setup is 95'GSR w/JRSC @10psi and HOndata.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 12, 2002 11:29 AM: Message edited by: SuperTeg ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I forgot to mention that I have a CTR transmission which comes equipped with LSD and the air pressure I was running was 10-9psi. I would launch it any where from 4500 to 5000. I tell you, I left the drag strip very disappointed yesterday because of my traction problems.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

normally slicks take a few runs and burnouts to get them soft and up to par. I know when I first broke my MT 22x8x15's on stock R rims, it took me till the 4th run to get them good. I had to do crazy burnouts to soften them up. I was also running at like 11-13psi and on my 5th run I got a 1.795 60ft so they did start to grip however the track closed after that 4th run.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What pressure were you running them at??..and what RPM are you launching at??....two of my friends have the exact same rims/slicks...what we did was fill them up to say 25psi...go do a nice burnout then do a run...then drop the psi every run say 5-8 pounds every run...by then end of a few runs they should be hooking up good...we ran my friends on the low side...I think in the 10psi range...we could run 1.7-1.8's on that setup no problem...also make sure you are spinnig both sides when you are burning out....without an LSD it will take a little practice to get the pressure set right so they will both burn together...good luck!

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ July 12, 2002 12:59 PM: Message edited by: CivicR ]</font>