Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, since everyone else is in on this, I guess I will say something too. I may be bias but none of you guys have mentioned the new Noszle system from NOS or the new one from NX. I was running a 70 shot on my stock everything and put 225hp to the ground. Now I have the JRSC and 8lb, but I have not dyno'ed it yet. (gonna try when I get the new fmu) Anyway, I still have all the nitrous hooked up and plan on using it. I am kinda worried about whats gonna happen when it hits. I just think this system eliminates everyones worries about running nitrous throught the blower. My guess is this-- by running the nitrous through the blower you wont hurt it (why would it?) but you will lose the eficiency of the nitrous. (just my gut feeling.) Anyway, I will let you know when I run some numbers. [img]graemlins/person.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The problem with the Noszle and direct port for that matter on a JRSC is that it sort of negates the intercooling properties of the nitrous going through the blower that so many people are looking for via FMIC, N2O, or H2O injection.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That makes sense. This may sound like a stupid question, but does the water injection actually spray the water inside the blower? I was under the impression before that it sprayed the outside of the blower. And if in fact it does go inside, where does it go? i mean is it so little water that it evaporates in the blower?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor=""><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Lokar:
    That makes sense. This may sound like a stupid question, but does the water injection actually spray the water inside the blower? I was under the impression before that it sprayed the outside of the blower. And if in fact it does go inside, where does it go? i mean is it so little water that it evaporates in the blower?</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, basically it evaporates. It's supposed to spray out in a fine mist, so some will evaporate, some will probably get into the cylinders and cool those down as well. Personally the water misting systems IMO aren't worth the cost or the trouble, but then again, some would say the same thing about nitrous I'm sure.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

okay, I found some info cruising the web today. Tell me if this sounds about right for NOS jets.

HP | Jet
    25 .024
    30 .026
    35 .028
    50 .037

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It depends on if its a dry kit, wet kit, etc. If its a wet kit you also must consider the fuel jet. I started with a '50 shot' wet setup on mine and after a few rounds of dyno tuning I ended up with a '70 shot'. What happened was that with the '50 shot' it was running way rich, so we just increased the nitrous until it was optimum.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's a dry kit.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

So how would the Water injection be compared to something of let's say... a 25 shot to cool down the AIT? Any opinions/ideas on this?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In short, the water injection probably won't make you any power, but will prevent detonation so that you can up your timing. The nos will make power.

I have a question about nos also. . . since we are running boosted motors (most in the 6-10 psi range), and me personally at 9psi, I was wondering whether adding nos would significantly raise cylinder pressures more than they already are. I'm afraid for my rings if I were to add nos, even if it were a small 25-30 shot.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yes it will raise cylinder pressure, how significant I'm not sure. I do know of a guy on SHO in the SC forum that was running a D16Y7 with 8 PSI JRSC and a 35 wet shot reliably for a few years... haven't heard from him in a while, so not sure what's going on, but I'm pretty sure the engine can handle it so long as it's tuned properly and used wisely.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast