Thread: It just keeps getting better... (AEM CAI vs AC lines, etc)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    so its getting a mite hot here in the city of Brotherly Love, and my AC hasnt been working too well, so I take it to the nice poeple at the local Acura dealer.

Turns out the AEM intake pipe, right where it goes 90* into the TB, has worn though the insulation and into the AC lines, right through the metal ! Bye bye Freon, hello $450 repair

Also, was pointed out to me that my PS line, routed in the niche in between the alt and the SC, is slowly vibrating itself apart, black rubbery dust on the SC in mute evidence of same. Potentially another few hundred to replace, or really start getting my upper body workouts away from the gym.

Also the throttle cable (2 years old) is fraying. There's enough slack, it wasnt drum-tight.

ARRGHGH all this stupid shit happening at once.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

After the tech installed all my JRSC crap, i noticed everything you pointed out....

I took some normal size rubber hose, slit it up the middle and used it liberally where all the "closeness" was apprarent.

You may also want to check the wires coming up under the manifold that connect to the fuel injectors....the wires on mine were rubbing on the 90 degree edge of the JR manifold.....put a 3" piece of rubber hose on it, workd for 6 years

Junior Hostboard Member William66's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: It just keeps getting better... (AEM CAI vs AC lines, et

The ongoing debate between AEM CAI and AC lines showcases the continual quest for automotive improvement. Enthusiasts passionately dissect every detail, from performance gains to potential conflicts. Amidst the discussions, the need for Emergency ACrepair Austin becomes apparent, emphasizing the importance of maintaining vehicle functionality alongside enhancements. This ongoing dialogue highlights the dedication of car enthusiasts to optimize every aspect of their vehicles.