Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Exclamation

Been a long time since I have visited and actualy read and clicked on alink by accident wich led me to another link and then to here:

http://www.lhtperformance.net/products.html

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I still think that the LHT intercooler might be the best chance any of us have for big gains (other than the supercharger itself or a boost upgrade). Problem is, to this day, I haven't seen any dynos that aren't from people that are in some way affiliated with LHT. And those people who have LHT intercoolers haven't posted dynos that are "true" before and after (no other modifications and regular water, not ice water).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

they dont increase horsepower, just cool down temps a bit, there still blocking air flow.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was in the same boat. I invented my own intercooler, installed it, and it did keep temps down, but i had to run my blower at 16 psi to get 12 psi after going thru the intercooler.
    now i removed the intercooler and im going back to just 12 psi straight up, NO INTERCOOLER.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by SC HYBRID:
    I was in the same boat. I invented my own intercooler, installed it, and it did keep temps down, but i had to run my blower at 16 psi to get 12 psi after going thru the intercooler.
    now i removed the intercooler and im going back to just 12 psi straight up, NO INTERCOOLER.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">werd, i just got my engine back and gonna keep it at 12psi.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There was a guy here that had the lht intercooler and it worked wonders. He did a couple of hours of wot runs and his intake never went past 130-140. It might even had been less than that. And he lives in nyc, nowhere affiliated with that company.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ August 30, 2005 04:26 PM: Message edited by: racerx159 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

heres a copy and paste of temps i've recorded with my lht.

but i have been messing around with the intercooler on and off and have got some numbers for you. with the intercooler off and cruising at 70 the IAT is about 140. turn the intercooler on and the temp drops to around 95 in a matter of about a min. i also recorded some full throttle runs and with the intercooler off the temp reaches arund 185-190. with the cooler on they reach about 140-145.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by 00TypeR:
    heres a copy and paste of temps i've recorded with my lht.

but i have been messing around with the intercooler on and off and have got some numbers for you. with the intercooler off and cruising at 70 the IAT is about 140. turn the intercooler on and the temp drops to around 95 in a matter of about a min. i also recorded some full throttle runs and with the intercooler off the temp reaches arund 185-190. with the cooler on they reach about 140-145.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">how much psi are you running and are you losing psi like the other guy does? having to run 16 to get 12psi?

i know if you send Endyn the bottom blower. and then just send the top JR manifold to lht they perform the s tube included with IC mod. that would be the best combo. it would actually run cooler with minimal pressure drop. Endyn blower mod actually cools down the blower and it would be cheaper to do that since endyn wont be touching the manifold and just doing blower work.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ September 07, 2005 07:04 AM: Message edited by: NelsonV ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i've got jims pulley as well as the jr crank pulley. so thats 12 psi and im getting 10 psi. so i only lost 2 lbs.