Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've just installed a used D series (92-95) JRSC on my 89 Civic with D16A6 motor. The crank pulley I ended up using is a B series pulley (about 6.4" diameter), as the JRSC pulley I bought from Ebay didn't fit. The ribs did not line up with the SC pulley ribs. And my stock pulley is damaged.

The supercharger itself already has a 3.4" pulley on it (upgrade).

How much boost should I expect? I have a free flowing intake (3" short ram), 60mm TB form a 99 Si, Kamikazee header with 2.5" collector, 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust, and I did some grinding/matching on the S tube at the TB, as well as the bypass to match the S tube.

I'll be using Uberdata with some 450cc DSM injectors that have been cleaned and matched. I have a wideband. I also regularly use 94 octane fuel. Now here's the clincher: the motor is 11:1 compression. The head has been shaved .050", and the headgasket is only .020" (total of about .078" taken out of the head/block interface).

Anyone care to offer up some advice? I don't have the time to take it apart and change the head, or put in another headgasket at this point. If it all goes bad I have a psare engine sitting here.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 01, 2004 01:58 AM: Message edited by: Jaker ]</font>

Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How did you get a "B" series crank pulley to fit on the snout of your "D" series crankshaft ???

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well its on. I could be wrong about it being a B pulley. I've had so many pulleys kicking around for the last little while. However, is a D16Y7/Y8 pulley that big on diameter? The JRSC D16Y8 pulley I bought from Ebay is 6.2" (inscribed right on it), and the OEM one that I used is bigger.

The setup is running now, and it feels quite strong. The boost gauge is showing 5 psi at 3,500 rpm, and climbs right to 10 PSI at 7,200, and holds it right to 8,000.

I'm running 1 degree of boost retard per PSI, and trying to hold 11.5:1 at the leanest to protect the high compression motor. Seems if it goes any leaner than that, I start to ping.

I really need to hook up the datalogging on the Uberdata setup, but I'm having trouble with my USB cell phone cable.

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ October 04, 2004 03:15 AM: Message edited by: Jaker ]</font>