Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thumbs up

someone told me that my problem might be that the Map sensor is seeing boost,and i should add a check valve to the vaccum line leading to the map.What i dont understand is,my map sensor never saw boost before,so why should it see boost now.I only had a problem with the (code 3 map sensor),after the install of the V-AFC.If anyone has a theory on this issue,your input would be greatly appreciated.And where could i get a check valve for the vaccum line leading to the map sensor?Its approx. 3/16 or 1/4" in diameter.

------------------
    94 civic coupe/b18c1
    JRSC @ 10 psi
    Bosch pump,RC 310's
    Cartech 20005
    J&S Safeguard
    Autometer electric fuel gauge
    DC headers,custom CAI
    V-AFC
    STR GEARS (+4 intake,-1 exhaust)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thanks blowncivic,im trying to figure out whats wrong with this v-afc thing.someone told me it could be seeing boost,and i thought the same thing. it could not possibly see boost because of the amount of sucking force,but i thought under higher boost levels,that it might see a little bleed off or something through the throttle plate.Because if you think about it,the amount of air being forced into the intake manifold,at 10 psi,what is restricting the boost from exiting towards the throttle body and then to the map sensor.i still think its the v-afc,but i just want to rule out everything else first.

------------------
    94 civic coupe/b18c1
    JRSC @ 10 psi
    Bosch pump,RC 310's
    Cartech 20005
    J&S Safeguard
    Autometer electric fuel gauge
    DC headers,custom CAI
    V-AFC
    STR GEARS (+4 intake,-1 exhaust)

Inactive Member Tigger Williams's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

On my friends turbo'd civic, he had to put aquarium check valves on his besause the map sensor was reading the boost and the car was going into limp home mode. On my JRSC 'teg, I'm running 11-12 pounds of boost and at a recent NIRA race my ride shut down on the track. My mechanic is saying RX-7 check valves might be the answer. They can take a lot more boost than the aquarium ones. let you know the deal. PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!

Inactive Member Tigger Williams's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

On my friends turbo'd civic, he had to put aquarium check valves on his besause the map sensor was reading the boost and the car was going into limp home mode. On my JRSC 'teg, I'm running 11-12 pounds of boost and at a recent NIRA race my ride shut down on the track. My mechanic is saying RX-7 check valves might be the answer. They can take a lot more boost than the aquarium ones. let you know the deal. PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's impossibe for your MAP sensor to see boost. Positive pressure is directed from the blower into the intake manifold and no where else. If the map sensor saw boost, the engine wouldn't be getting air anymore 'cause the air would have to be traveling the oppisite direction, out of the engine! Your VAFC is sending an invalid voltage to the ECU, giving you the CEL code.

Tom

------------------
    '92 Civic Si H/B (D16Z6) with JRSC tryin' to get rid of knock, J&S Safeguard, CAI/H/E...

Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with Tom's assessment. It is nearly impossible for the MAP sensor to "see" boost in a supercharged application... unless the bypass valve is malfunctioning. I suspect that you are getting out-of-range errors from the MAP due to the modified parameters sent by the V-AFC. Disconnect it, reset your ECU and see if you get the same code... my money says you won't.

------------------

'93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
    Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph

Junior Hostboard Member janusz1's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: MAP reading boost

Choose Mappitall for top-tier GIS mapping services. With their expertise in geospatial technologies, custom solutions, and commitment to precision, Mappitall delivers exceptional GIS applications that enhance data analysis and decision-making. Trust Mappitall for reliable and innovative GIS mapping services that elevate your spatial capabilities and drive business success. I recommend it from my own experience!