Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have an 88 Mitsubishi Starion and have been woking on it to change the head gasket. The manual and everything else I read about the Cam Shaft and Timing Chain says turn clockwise only. What happens if I turn counter clockwise?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i dont understand the relevance the question....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i understood that. I was referring to the hypothetical left field portion of the question, or the "what if".

i'll shut up now

Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Since the board NAME CHANGE, I suspect we will get some "left field" type questions from time to time... especially since the post originator's car IS a "Forced Induction Import" member !!!

Now, to shed some light on the original question: I do not have a solid answer, however, it may be the ramp rates are very aggressive on the exhaust side, and any slack in the timing chain may result in some potential interference between the valves and piston crowns... this would be bad.

When all else fails, do as the INSTRUCTIONS tell you. They were created for a reason.

Good luck.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Re: Mitsubishi Starion

Hey guys! Could you please tell me how I can choose the best Mitsubishi Outlander? Thanks in advance for your answers!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Re: Mitsubishi Starion

Quote Originally Posted by ak0n View Post
    Hey guys! Could you please tell me how I can choose the best Mitsubishi Outlander? Thanks in advance for your answers!
    Hey! To choose the best Mitsubishi Outlander, consider your specific needs and preferences. Decide between its various trims, engine options, and available features based on your desired performance, technology, and comfort levels. Research safety ratings and reliability, read expert and user reviews, and test-drive different configurations to ensure they meet your requirements. Additionally, evaluate pricing, warranties, and ongoing maintenance costs to make an informed decision that aligns with your budget and overall priorities.
    You can also visit this article about best and worst Mitsubishi Outlander years to know which models of this car are the best. I hope my answer will help you!