Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: LHT Performance intercooled M62 JRSC on a B18B running 8 psi question(s).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by keebler65:
    i have pics of one that came with my kit last spring...how new is the "new generation" ?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">the one thats advertised by jr right now is the red one with jr etched into it. i want to know how old this generation is, and i would also like to have a picture of the previous generation.

btw, would a sneaky pete 5-10 shot be better/worse than water+methanol injection? how would it be maintenance and cost wise compared to the water and methanol injection?

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 10, 2003 05:21 PM: Message edited by: Hites ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by exciv2000:
    Wouldn't it be feasible to run a stock pump (a lot quieter) than a GSS-342 with a hondata since your injectors are so much larger and your fuel pressures so much lower?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yes since the larger injectors flow more fuel per psi of fuel pressure.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You are talking about the JR 1:1 FPR not the JR Rising Rate FMU....different things completely. The JR 1:1 is just a rebadged AEM, etc unit.

There isn't necessarily any "generation" of FMU's for JR. The first ones were just unpolished/rough looking. The new ones are shiny and have the JR Logo on them.

I found that the old ones worked better than the new ones, as others found the opposite to be true.

Hites - nobody makes a 5-10hp jet, unless NOS came out with some new ones, last time I checked the smallest they made was one for a 23hp "shot".

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

http://www.qssx.com/celica.htm
    ^ that celica supposedly has a sneaky pete 20 shot, but its probably the 23 like you said.

just took another look at the fpr/fmu, and it does have the jr emblem on it and its silver/metallic (not chrome or polished). btw, i cant find the pictures of the jr fpr on with mossperforance.com or jacksonracing.com any more. damn; wish i knew what kind of fpr/fmu i have. any ways to tell what it is?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Does anyone know for sure who makes the cores that LHT uses in their intercooler?

Here's what I can make out from LHT's pictures and text:

It looks like they are using 2 short Laminova cores inside a modified stock JR manifold. Short cores are about 11.5" long - about the same width as a stock JR manifold. Long cores are nearly 15".

What doesn't make any sense to me is 2 short cores will only flow about 320 CFM. Also, from all my research, 2 short cores are recommended for applications up to 200 HP.

If the pictures of thier build process are of a B series manifold (an assumption from their statement, "LHT Performance has just completed work on our intercooler design for the Jackson Racing Supercharger system installed on the B series engines."), why would they under-spec. the number of cores for a B-series motor? They should be using at least 3, if not 4 cores to really take advantage of the superior cooling potential that Laminova has.

The answer (IMO) is that 3 or 4 cores won't fit inside a modified JR intake manifold, which is why my JRSC D16A6 isn't intercooled yet.

If they are indeed using Laminova cores, there is plenty of data available on them if you contact a Laminova rep. http://www.laminova.se/

-TJ

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i brought the possibility of laminova cores (for LHT) up on hondatech a while back and john said they were very similar to laminova cores but he didnt confirm if/what they were. maybe an email to john would answer this? i didnt really pry the info out. anyways if you find out please post what is said in this thread.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by CROM:
    How BIG is it?

The JR FMU's are about 3.5 inches tall and 3.5 inches wide. There are two holes at the bottom for incoming and outgoing fuel lines, and a large adjustment allen bolt with a nut around it on the top, as well as a nipple for vac.

The JR FPR (replaces the stock FPR) is about 1.5 inches wide at the biggest part and 1.5 inches long. It has one large nipple at the bottom for the fuel line and a small vacuum nipple near the top.

This is what the JR/AEM FPR's (NOT FMU) look like:

aem fpr img

<font color="#a62a2a"><font size="1">[ November 11, 2003 12:42 PM: Message edited by: CROM ]</font></font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">mine is about 3 1/8 inches wide, but im not sure on the measurement of the height. if i include the 2 fuel "nozzles" on the bottom its around 4-5 inches tall. theres about 1/2" of the screw coming straight out the middle of the top. it sounds a LOT more like the fmu than the fpr and i would place all my money on it being the jr fmu; it also doesnt resemble any of the ones in the picture.

so, am i back to square one with my fuel management? if so, whats the recommendations now? what pump and/or injectors do i need?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

JR FMU:
    FMU

(Where it is in the engine compartment)
    enginesmalljpeg

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You have the FMU then.

You should try to borrow a digital cam or something. I can host pictures for you.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by 96IntegraRS:
    [QB]JR FMU:
    FMU
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">that would be it; looks EXACTLY like mine, cept mine dont have a pretty red nub over the screw [img]frown.gif[/img] . so does that change any of my fuel management (ie. walbro gss-342 with stock injectors)?

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 11, 2003 09:29 PM: Message edited by: Hites ]</font>

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast