Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like you want a drag race car not a street car. Why not small turbo?

Anyway, I think you'ld be ok with the 6 psi pulley. Take the Type R approach. They have a 5 psi pulley, but that is with no safegaurd. With the safeguard and the 6 psi pulley, I think you'll be fine. You may need to add a BTM to help retard it, but I'd wait and see how much the safeguard retards it, then get the BTM to see if it would be best to retard it at boost.

I think you'ld be fine so long as you can get it to fit in the civic engine bay, and I don't know about that, but it may be possible.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It fits.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It will fit no prob, and I would go J&S 6 psi or more but get the dual screen so you can monitor the detonation and the fuel. I t should screw, I know of a kid who runs high 11's on stock bottom with the charger on the b18c so yes 12's daily driven is I believe in your league as long as you can drive wink.

------------------
    Fire breathing, methanol guzzling, 9000 hp b18b.

Inactive Member Civicduty-John Palmer's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, it will definately fit. I can get an excellent deal on it. I already have the fuel pump that was left over from my sc'ed 1.6. I also just bought a fuel pressure regulator, and gauge. I removed the stock fpr, and tapped the stock fuel rail for an aftermarket one. (the stock one dumps duel back to the tank over 43lbs) I also bought an SFC VTEC controller. Have you guys used this? Had any luck with it? I think I'm kinda scared from what happened to my first motor. (sc'ed 1.6--D16Z6) I've heard that they are kinda weak though. The boost was stock on the first one though.....I don't exactly have another 4K if THIS motor goes up.....

------------------
    '95 EG Si,'97 Jap Spec
    B18C (SiR-G),LSD,ITR
    Brake Upgrade,AEM,
    Comptech,Trust=14.12
    1/4 mile...

Inactive Member Civicduty-John Palmer's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a '95 i with a B18C motor in it. I justt put in an ACT extreme pp, ACT organic street disc, and a Zex 9lb flywheel. I have $2600. Here's the problem:
    I would like to supercharge it, but the motor is a jap spec GSR motor. (it has higher comp pistons than the US GSR--10.6)
    Will I have any detonation problems with this set-up? I just put in a J&S Safeguard unit.
    In the past, I had a JR kit n my 1.6, but woud up kinda messing the D16Z6 up. The only thing I upgraded on it was the injectors (RC250cc), header, ex,int. Anyway, after about 15K, the motor started to smoke, and burn a little oil. I just spent 4K on this motor, and don't want to run into the same problem. I understand the B18's are alot stronger, but the blower is also twice as big. (M63 as opposed to M44) I need your opinions. ANYONE that is running the SC, please help me out. The best I have gotten, is a 14.12 with my civic. I'm thinking that with the sc, I can get a high 12, and still have a daily driven car. Am I dreaming, or is this really possible? I have 14 Mickey T slicks, and also have a Limited Slip Diff......Thanks in advance for the help!!!

------------------
    '95 EG Si,'97 Jap Spec
    B18C (SiR-G),LSD,ITR
    Brake Upgrade,AEM,
    Comptech,Trust=14.12
    1/4 mile...